News   May 08, 2024
 365     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 582     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 809     0 

GO Transit Midtown Corridor

So, you want a train to spend more time accelerating and decelerating than it will be at speed? That is not how HSR tends to work. I am all for airport rail links, but I am not for HSR airport links. Besides, with a push for greener choices, I feel that we will see less emphases on air travel in the future.
I don't think a single additional station is going to change the equation all that much. And provided we ever get around to developing our rail system, we might see less national air travel, but international is still going to come with very high demand.

I don't think a single additional station is going to change the equation all that much. And provided we ever get around to developing our rail system, we might see less national air travel, but international is still going to come with very high demand.

Lets say you need to get from Kitchener to Montreal. By having that direct connection to the airport, you just made air travel more attractive.

I am all for airport rail links, such as the UPX and the REM. Ottawa will have their LRT.

So, you want a train to spend more time accelerating and decelerating than it will be at speed? That is not how HSR tends to work. I am all for airport rail links, but I am not for HSR airport links. Besides, with a push for greener choices, I feel that we will see less emphases on air travel in the future.
In this particular case, the utility of having a HSR connection at the airport outweighs the negative impacts of shorter stop spacing. I'm not suggesting HSR stop every 10 Km along the entirety of the route, simply that in this particular case that having a stop at the airport makes sense.

Lets say you need to get from Kitchener to Montreal. By having that direct connection to the airport, you just made air travel more attractive.

I am all for airport rail links, such as the UPX and the REM. Ottawa will have their LRT.

If you're already sitting down on relatively fast/comfortable train heading in the direction of your destination, why would you put yourself through the hassle of flying? It seems like a lot of added stress for very little benefit (if any).

If you're already sitting down on relatively fast/comfortable train heading in the direction of your destination, why would you put yourself through the hassle of flying? It seems like a lot of added stress for very little benefit (if any).
"Time is money"

No trains available to Europe or Caribbean or Asia or Australia.

But April Fool's Day ends at noon on April 1st; if you pull a prank after that the joke's on you! ;)
ESDT yes. But different time zones go back in time as one goes west, or go forward in time as one goes east. It's now Monday, April 3, 2023, 1:53 a.m. in New Zealand. Thanks to the internet, one can read posts at different times than as posted.

Last edited:
ESDT yes. But different time zones go back in time as one goes west, or go forward in time as one goes east. It's now Monday, April 3, 2023, 1:53 a.m. in New Zealand. Thanks to the internet, one can read posts at different times than as posted.
Wow, really? Is that how time zones and the internet works? Thanks for sharing. (btw, before you get more confused, I'm being sarcastic here). Not sure what you mean by ESDT. EST is eastern standard time (generally winter time, no daylight savings); EDT is eastern daylight time (rest of the year when clocks are advanced one hour for daylight saving time). Of course, the time the posts are read has nothing to do with the going rate for tea in the PRC. The fact is, your post was 5:48 pm (EDT) on April 1st, and it quoted a tweet which was posted at 5:19 pm (EDT). Both originated in the eastern (daylight) time zone and were well after 12 noon EDT; which is all that matters.

This silly discussion has gone on too long already but since you had to double down on an untenable position, I had to explain things in more detail. I realize this started off as a light hearted joke and I was continuing in that vein but the fact does remain that April Fool's day was over - so you're the fool! :)

End of convo.

Back