News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 321     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 877     0 

FOX News

You sound American to me but I must admit I rarely read your posts, yawn. It's pretty obvious to me that you did not spend your formative years as a Canadian.

What a stupid post.

You appear to be suggesting that any person who immigrated here can never really be Canadian. If they disagree with you, you call them American (as if that were an insult).

What a completely small-minded attitude on your part.

I put on my uniform each morning with a nice red maple leaf and go on to serve the country I love everyday. Bigotry from the likes of jade_lee and digi could never really take that away from me.

What a stupid post.

You appear to be suggesting that any person who immigrated here can never really be Canadian. If they disagree with you, you call them American (as if that were an insult).

What a completely small-minded attitude on your part.

I am not suggesting that at all.

I put on my uniform each morning with a nice red maple leaf and go on to serve the country I love everyday. Bigotry from the likes of jade_lee and digi could never really take that away from me.

Uniforms can be worn by all kinds of people.....go look at a few RCMP officers....their uniforms cover nothing up at the moment.

Do go on...

I have no need to elaborate. This lame argument that Canadians should spend more tax dollars on our military and that Americans are protecting us is ridiculous and not the Canadian way despite what the war supporters regurgitate. Canadians being ignorant of their own positions is very foreign to me indeed and those who suggest that it's the case appear to be lacking insight both for themselves being Canadian and of others who share the Canadian vision.

Last edited:
^ In other words, exactly as Hydrogen said: if we disagree with your vision of what Canada's defence and foreign policies should look like, we aren't Canadian. Do you define all political opponents as not Canadian? That sounds remarkably close to what the Republicans say of Democrats in the US who don't support the Iraq war for example. And you call me 'American'.

Your behaviour is definitely not Canadian.

Being Canadian does not equate to having a singular perspective. Equating someone as an American just because they have a certain viewpoint is inaccurate, to say the least. Similiarly, I would be just as hesitant to tell someone they are not Canadian on a similiar basis.

AoD

^ In other words, exactly as Hydrogen said: if we disagree with your vision of what Canada's defence and foreign policies should look like, we aren't Canadian. Do you define all political opponents as not Canadian? That sounds remarkably close to what the Republicans say of Democrats in the US who don't support the Iraq war for example. And you call me 'American'.

Your behaviour is definitely not Canadian.

My behaviour reflects the new majority that will soon be in power again. Just different schools of thought. Your serving Canadians is no different from any other civil servant so get over yourself army boy.

Being Canadian does not equate to having a singular perspective. Equating someone as an American just because they have a certain viewpoint is inaccurate, to say the least.

AoD

He does have an American view about military spending and Canadian contributions to the war machine industry. Go read his posts.

jade_lee:

Tell me, what's an "American view"? GWB's view? Obama's view? Rush Limbaugh's view? Are Canadians not allowed to have views that aligned along said individuals authentically? Is Canadian citizenship based on what views we hold?

AoD

My behaviour reflects the new majority that will soon be in power again. Just different schools of thought. Your serving Canadians is no different from any other civil servant so get over yourself army boy.

1) I fear for this country if that's what this 'new majority' is going to do; shut down debate by labelling it's opponents un-Canadian. I would not support that kind of behaviour from any political party. I disapproved of it when Harper suggested it for the coalition. And I disapprove of it in debates like this one.

2) Civil servants don't agree to put their lives on the line in defence of the nation. 9 to 5 is no comparison with agreeing to do the government's bidding (on behalf of the Canadian people) even if it requires the ultimate sacrifice on the part of me and my family, 24/7, 365. I strongly suggest you go mouth that opinion at a Rememberance Day parade or a Legion Hall if you really believe that.

Keithz:

Be careful in elevating your worth over other Canadians. Just because they don't wear uniform or put their lives at risk doesn't make them any less valuable in our society.

jade_lee:

Do you mind NOT denigrating anyone just because they serve in the military?

AoD

Back