News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

FOX News

Not surprising, but also the numbers aren't that bad. If only 2.2 million viewers are exposed to Fox "News" on any given evening, its certainly not going to put the nation into some kind of conservative trance. They already did that to themselves before Fox came along, remember Reagan? LOL

I'd imagine that even those who are strongly opposed to their views watch it to be prepared for the latest conservative discourse on any issue.

I'd be in that demographic. Part of me resents paying for FOX "News" since FTA went down last summer but it's included with the news theme pack. I suppose a dose of Glenn Beck once or twice a week is worth it along with BBC World News which is why I subscribe to the package.

Ratings have been overrated since the demise of the inherently bourgeois "mass-media consensus" myth, anyway. If things operated in the 60s the way they do today, Lawrence Welk and Oral Roberts would have blown Ed Sullivan out of the water.

Last edited:
She's NUTS!

The old right-wing conservatives think so too, she's their new poster girl. Mmm-bye-bye Ann Coulter!

Btw, 60 Minutes did an intersting piece on her for one of their segments on Sunday night.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6078906n (this link will probably only last a week or two).

she's a piece of ass and she has no brains. is it a surprise why she's so popular?

I love Fox News. Even though I disagree with everything their commentators say, it is still pretty enlightening to hear these people grossly exaggerate every little issue in order to smear Obama and Nancy Pelosi.

I also think it's hilarious the white house has dismissed Fox News as opinion journalism. It's such a slap in the face to those poor, arrogant souls on the network who love to cite Fox's high viewership.

I love Fox News. Even though I disagree with everything their commentators say, it is still pretty enlightening to hear these people grossly exaggerate every little issue in order to smear Obama and Nancy Pelosi.

Not just that, but literally fabricating or misattributing footage in order to back their far right agenda. I still recall the number that Jon Stewart did on them for airing a video clip of an entirely different Washington rally and claiming that it was of a Palin event of the previous day (which in reality had a far smaller turnout). This has happened over and over, and yet they are still allowed to keep their broadcasting license.

You'll find that their pundits will say a lot of things like "something in the order of (insert inaccurate statement here)", "he said something like (insert inaccurate statement here)", "I hear that (insert inaccurate and/or unsubstantiated statement here)" and so forth. If you listen closely it's incredible the outright lies, twisted statements and how pieces are presented out of context stretching the limits of the truth. That the talking heads and those like Hannity, O'Reilly (who is somewhat more moderate in the last couple of years), Huckabee, Beck etc. can get away with and disguise their statements as fact, when in they're very often not, continues to astound me.

Sarah Palin's foray into Fox News last night was a total grease job. O'Reilly had a new back-drop, was dressed in a light blazer and tie (he usually wears a dark blazer) and didn't take her to task on any of the issues except to ask if this or that is true or not, in particular the assertions raised by top McCain advisers on last Sunday's 60 Minutes. Not that I really expected him to drill her, even O'Reily gets marching orders plus he knows the ratings boost she will bring to FNC. O'Reilly offered up softball questions like "you do know the difference between north and south Korea don't you"? Well why not ask her to discuss Korea and a bit of it's history in the 20th century to really see what's between her ears? Or the Cold War, or the Civil War! All were easy questions, she appeared to be prepared for the questions asked and there was plenty of stroking going on in an obvious attempt to prop up her image and offer her a warm welcome into the FNC family. Also interesting is that it appears that Palin has already been promoted as of last night to a "Fox News Analyst" (which appeared below her name when she was introduced on O'Reilly), upgraded from "Fox News Contributor" from just days ago when the news of her joining FNC broke - how funny is that?

The fun continues tonight with Palin at 5pm on Glenn Beck. I've got my PVR set and popcorn ready, the two of them together should provide some classic entertainment.

Fair and Balanced!

Back