News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Fort York

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
These 2 buildings are right at the corner of Front & Bathurst. Is this the site for the new library?

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 2P1

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 10 235511 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Aug 9, 2010

Project: Industrial Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing Industrial/Retail building. Municipal address 25-27 Bathurst Street.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1C1

Application#: 10 235526 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Aug 9, 2010

Project: Industrial Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing Industrial/Retail building. Municipal address 576-580 Front Street West
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=43.640743,-79.401315&spn=0.000462,0.001363&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=43.640719,-79.401426&panoid=cLIBVT-AA9JXOZwqwdwZYQ&cbp=12,13.9,,0,5.89

Last edited:
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 10 236496 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Aug 10, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to ground floor unit for new bank. Tenant - "TD". Convenience address - 614 Fleet St.

I walked by the Lamborghini dealership yesterday and it's been vacated. It would be nice to see that building and the Harley dealer right next to it to the east be demolished for that interesting Context midrise that was proposed a few months ago.

A restaurant FINALLY comes to Fort York. OK, don't get too excited, it's only a Subway but it's a start. I just noticed today that Subway opened up in the LTD building, facing Bathurst Street. It certainly brightens up the area and it was quite busy. They have a nice, big area plaza area, right in front of the store, so I hope they use that for an outdoor patio. Does Subway have patios?

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Application#: 13 109399 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Feb 13, 2013

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display one illuminated wall sign on first storey of building in conjunction with a pet centre. **Pet Social**

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5V 1A8

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 130230 ZZU 00 ZR Accepted Date: Mar 8, 2013

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal for use of a Convinience Store in existing mixed use building.

I don't visit this area often, but it seems like there is a new Tim Horton's now.
I hate Tim Horton's but at least it's something -- more businesses need to open in the Fort York area.

The Tim's isn't open yet, but there is one coming to the corner of Bathurst & Bruyere's Mews. There's also one nearby at Fort York & Dan Leckie. There is a Starbucks on Bathurst near Fleet, and two independent coffee shops. There's a new convenience store, a couple of nail salons and dentists, an optometrist is coming. Many of the condos are zoned for "live/work" units but not for retail. The big retail change will be when Loblaws opens.

The Tim's isn't open yet, but there is one coming to the corner of Bathurst & Bruyere's Mews. There's also one nearby at Fort York & Dan Leckie. There is a Starbucks on Bathurst near Fleet, and two independent coffee shops. There's a new convenience store, a couple of nail salons and dentists, an optometrist is coming. Many of the condos are zoned for "live/work" units but not for retail. The big retail change will be when Loblaws opens.

It sounds like there is little opportunities for further retail development in the area.

I noticed that the bank in the condo at Bathurst & Lakeshore has now closed, so all those retail spaces can now hopefully attract something more interesting and animated!

Back