News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 426     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

How US governors are fighting coronavirus – and Donald Trump

Governors have found themselves under an intense spotlight, highlighting an evolving dynamic between those running states and an impossible-to-predict president

Daniel Strauss
Fri 27 Mar 2020 08.00 GMT

Thank goodness for the Governors.

Trump on urgent requests for ventilators: 'I don't believe you need 30,000'

President’s remarks to Sean Hannity on Fox News appear to come in response to New York governor’s plea for ventilator help

Kenya Evelyn in Washington
Fri 27 Mar 2020 15.26 GMT

Donald Trump has again downplayed the severity of an intensifying coronavirus outbreak, telling rightwing Fox News host Sean Hannity he had “a feeling that a lot of the numbers” of ventilators estimated to be needed by overwhelmed hospitals “are just bigger than they’re going to be”.

In severe cases, the coronavirus leads to the respiratory disease known as Covid-19. Ventilators can allow such patients to breathe.

Trump told Hannity: “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

He seems to never miss an opportunity to take shots at state governors who are Democrat and running state that are current or emerging hotspots; New York, California, Michigan, Illinois, Louisiana and Washington.

Fact check: Trump makes another round of misstatements during coronavirus briefing

By Tara Subramaniam and Daniel Dale, CNN
Updated 8:21 PM ET, Fri March 27, 2020

Inaccuracies about the stock market. Baffling statements about a closed GM plant. Stating you can call coronavirus the flu.

President Donald Trump on Friday continued the false and misleading claims that have become a part of White House briefings on coronavirus, wrapping up a week in which the number of confirmed cases across the country topped 100,000.

He seems to never miss an opportunity to take shots at state governors who are Democrat and running state that are current or emerging hotspots; New York, California, Michigan, Illinois, Louisiana and Washington.

Louisiana has a Democratic governor, but is otherwise deep red. John Bel Edwards is generally way more conservative than other people in his party.

Trump’s going to win in November. He’s looking like A hero to many DAF Americans.

There’s still hope though, remember how Bush still lost to Clinton after the perceived national victory in the Gulf War. But Biden is no Clinton.

Trump’s going to win in November. He’s looking like A hero to many DAF Americans.

There’s still hope though, remember how Bush still lost to Clinton after the perceived national victory in the Gulf War. But Biden is no Clinton.
It's only a numbers game now. Get enough fed-up with Trump voters out and the man is burnt toast.

Michigan governor says shipments of medical supplies 'canceled' or 'delayed' and sent to federal government

By Kelly Mena, CNN
Updated 9:00 PM ET, Fri March 27, 2020

(CNN) Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said in an interview Friday that her state is not getting the health and safety equipment needed to fight the spread of the novel coronavirus because contractors are sending their products to the federal government first.

Whitmer, a Democrat, said in an interview on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" that her state's shipments of personal protective equipment are being "canceled" or "delayed."

"Well, we've entered into a number of contracts, and as we get closer to the date when shipments are supposed to come in, they are getting canceled -- getting delayed," Whitmer told Blitzer.

Whitmer said her state was notified that shipments of protective equipment such as face masks are going "first to the federal government" ahead of the states.

"I know Michigan is not alone. I saw Gov. Charlie Baker, Republican from Massachusetts, essentially say the same thing. Same thing with Mayor Garcetti out in Los Angeles. This is an issue we are confronting as a nation, where we are bidding against one another, where we are struggling to grab every PPE (personal protective equipment) we can get our hands on," she added.

EUM12L5WkAIhN4L.jpg

Careful now, I could characterize Canadians as DAF too for praising Trudeau, not seeing the long term ramifications of the Liberal's voodoo economics in dealing with this issue. Everyone's too bedazzled by the $2000/month EI handout to notice, assuming they even qualify.

The only reason Bush lost btw was because of Ross Perot splitting the rightwing vote. It'd be interesting if Sanders went third party and further solidified the aura of inevitability Trump seems to have, but I digress.

Careful now, I could characterize Canadians as DAF too for praising Trudeau, not seeing the long term ramifications of the Liberal's voodoo economics in dealing with this issue.
It’s either government money for your EI claim or government money to encourage your employer to keep you on staff and thus preclude your EI claim. Either way it‘s govenment money. I don‘f think Scheer would do any better during this crisis as PM.

But, yeah, I think Trump wins in November. People rally to their flag and don’t usually change their leader in a time of crisis, unless they blame the leader and thus turn to revolution.

Back