News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

Meh...these halfway houses are scattered all across the city. If you look at the crime stats Ronsecvalles is very safe compared to the rest of the city. This wouldnt dissuade me from moving to that area.
It looks like someone is trying to scare off potential FFL buyers;)

I'm one of those who bought in at FFL.

There was a mad rush of people shortly after opening - and most of those looking around (and inturn buying) were young professionals. I believe every 560 sq ft suite from floors 1-5 were sold in a few hours.

As for the "allegations", we were told about the washer & dryer/shower head issue and that they would install it we just had to make note of it. The stove was not mentioned when we purchase, but I can get one with the credit (I didn't realize it was because of zoning until it was mentioned here). And as for parking - that was one of my biggest concerns. Right off the bat they clearly stated there is no building parking but I could get a street permit.

The papers are with my lawyer today and we're talking tomorrow afternoon. If in fact I cannot get a parking permit b/c it's not residential the development really is a sham. Could that be why it's not listed on urbandb?

signed,
A long time visitor, first time poster.

Commercial zoning means commercial property taxes. Have any purchasers looked into that?

Garbage: There is a garbage chute on each floor.

I still have no clue how it will be separated for food waste, recyclables and regular garbage. Considering the City’s major commitment forcing all residents of the City to take a “pro active†position on recycling and garbage disposal, it seems somewhat ludicrous that a project (be it commercial or residential) is given approval with no recycling and sorting of waste facility.

Have you ever lived in any small-med apartment or condo of any kind? There's a chute for garbage and you bring your recycling down. In a building with only 5 floors and 40 odd units, multiple chutes sound quite excessive.

multiple chutes sound quite excessive.

Multiple chutes aren't required. One chute and a rotating collection bin at the bottom is the standard method.....but only in residential buildings ;)

Multiple chutes aren't required. One chute and a rotating collection bin at the bottom is the standard method.....but only in residential buildings ;)

Really?
Cause that's not how they do it at Chelsea Lofts. On the main floor they have multiple bins and you separate it yourself.

Really?
Cause that's not how they do it at Chelsea Lofts. On the main floor they have multiple bins and you separate it yourself.

where I am now, theres one chute with 2 buttons that move the bottom of the chute to either garbage or recycling

I was in the sales office this weekend. Busy.I didn't see the stove. Click. I asked one the the sales staff if it was zoned legal. I used to live in an illegal rental loft on Sterling. She said it was zoned residential/commercial mixed use but the building is currently classified as commercial. Good enough for me. You think the City gonna kick me out when they got 1000's of real illegal zoned coversions? I bought a small unit on the west side. Great windows and light. There no where else a painter can get exposure like that for the price. Free zipcar membership too. Don't need the parking. Maybe you should drop the wheels and ride the rocket.

Are you for real? WTF is going on. Illegal, not safe, not rezoned legally. Who the fuck do these greedy pricks think they are to by-pass rules and regulations put in place to protect the people.

I bought one of the units this weekend. I was watching this building for two years. I knew people in the building before the current owners. Some of the tenants there were creepier than the knuckledraggers outside. But the area is definitly picking up with all the stuff happening including this reno. Are you an ex tenant of the building? You sound really pissed about your parking. I'll bet you were parking on the street when YOU lived there. The city told me last week I could have a permit if I live there and now you want them to save the parking for you? I'll bet you're renting an ILLEGAL basement apt and have a street permit. The street belongs to all of us.

Ultimately, these lofts are very good for the area. More young professionals certainly wont hurt Roncesvalles. No sure why some of you Roncey residents seem so pissed off about this development--other than lost street parking:p

SIDHEMOON: I have been to visit the area several times (before and after work hours) and i have never had a problem with parking...

Any resident of the area near Dundas and Roncesvalles knows that parking is an extremely big problem. I myself am forced every once in a while to park 200m away from my place because I cannot find a spot. Spots intended for residents are routinely taken up by freebooting visitors. I would love to see all visitors towed unless they have a parking permit for the street that they are parked on.

Ultimately, these lofts are very good for the area. More young professionals certainly wont hurt Roncesvalles. No sure why some of you Roncey residents seem so pissed off about this development--other than lost street parking:p

Maybe out of a sense that such places *were* better pre-gentrification?

Maybe out of a sense that such places *were* better pre-gentrification?

I guess you dont really want people intruding on your neighborhood... thats understandable... but if you own property there you should be happy because the value will probably rise in the coming years.

Back