News   May 01, 2024
 231     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 308     0 

Etihad now flying non stop

ninetykman

Member Bio
Reaction score
From Jun 1, 07, Etihad Airways has switched to non-stop flights between TO-AbuDhabi.:)

Hopefully Transport Canada will allow Emirates to start their Flights from TO-Dubai soon.

Etihad were using the A330 (as above) up until now...Now they have switched to the A340-500, and that will be further upgraded to the A340-600 on July 3rd.....

This bad boy?

Is a 747.

A340's are not selling well. They are not particulalrly fuel efficient when compared to newer model aircraft such as 787's and A350's.

Emirates Confirmed for YYZ - effective Oct 29/07

Emirates Takes Off For Toronto

Dubai-based international airline makes Canada home to its 91st destination

Emirates, one of the world’s most successful and fastest-growing international airlines, has announced its plans to start services to Toronto, a first gateway for the airline in Canada starting 29th October 2007. The international service is subject to government approval.

The non-stop service between Dubai and Toronto is planned to operate three times a week. Emirates will fly its Boeing 777-300ER on the route, offering 354 seats in a three-class configuration with six tonnes of cargo capacity from Dubai to Toronto and 12 tonnes from Toronto to Dubai.

HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group said: “Responding to market demand, the new route will provide a first direct link between Canada’s largest city and Dubai, providing also convenient, ongoing access to the Middle East, Africa and the South Asian Subcontinent. We anticipate this route will be very popular, connecting Canada to our global network of soon to be over 90 cities worldwide.â€

“This year marks a substantial investment in expanded services in North America, and with enhancements to our 777-300ER, we certainly look forward to launching operations in Toronto in October.â€

The planned new route will provide travellers with access to all major Canadian centres with excellent connections available through Toronto’s Pearson International Airport. Identified as the country’s financial centre as well as for its world-class restaurants, cultural venues, trade exhibitions and hundreds of festivals each year, Toronto offers business and leisure travellers a host of reasons to fly the northern skies.

The Dubai-Toronto non-stop service will take 14 hours and 20 minutes and a return journey of just over 13 hours.

Making comfort a top concern on the long-haul journey, the aircraft will be fitted with eight luxurious private suites in First class, 42 of its latest lie-flat seats in Business class, and a comfortable Economy-class cabin for 304 passengers.

Passengers in all classes will enjoy the award-winning service from Emirates’ international cabin crew recruited from over 100 countries around the world; meals prepared by gourmet chefs; as well as the airline’s cutting-edge ‘ice’ (information, communication, entertainment) system, which offers a selection of over 600 channels of entertainment on demand and the ability to send and receive email and text messages from their personal in-seat entertainment systems.

Pending government approval, Toronto will be one of five new Emirates destinations in 2007. Earlier this year, Emirates announced plans to start services to Venice in July, Newcastle in September, Sao Paulo in October and Houston in December. Emirates’ global route network currently spans 87 cities in 60 countries across Africa, Europe, the Far East, Indian Subcontinent, and North America. For flight information and bookings, visit: www.emirates.com.>
Flight timings for Emirates’ Dubai-Toronto service (starting 29th, October 2007)

EK241 Departs Dubai (DXB) at 08:35 hrs Monday, Wednesday, Friday
and arrives in Toronto (YYZ) at 14:55hrs

EK242 Departs Toronto at 21:40 hrs Monday, Wednesday, Friday
and arrives in Dubai at 18:55 hrs the next day

*All times indicated are local

How 'bout a nice gigantic 'Fly Emirates' billboard at Metropolis??

Also, btw, the 'bad boy' pic is of an Etihad Airbus A340....

I removed the Airliners.net pics in my lasts posts because they don’t like when people take images off the site – fair enough.

Although not a total surprise, I am very pleased that Emirates has finally announced Toronto-Dubai service. Toronto Pearson is on a roll! The amount of new service to YYZ this year is incredible, despite the high cost of landing fees and other expenses.

...that airliners.net picture is not a 747...

It sure isn't... Airliners.net just has a dummy image of a 747 that loads if you try to hotlink their pics.

- Copy the link (http://) us.airliners.net/photos/middle/6/7/8/1195876.jpg
- Open a new window and paste that URL
- See the Etihad bad-boy A340

If you're seeing a 747, you'll see that the image file name is "hotlink_big_no_no.jpg", which tells you something.

There were non-stop commercials for Etihad on the TV when I sat in the departure lounge on Saturday, bored out of my skull because I'd read all the papers. We'd had to deplane and wait for three hours for a new one when some important widget the pilots play with couldn't be fixed.

When I link (airliners.net) I see a 747 with winglets, which suggests a 747-400. Note the cockpit is mounted above the lower passenger section with windows extending to the nose of the aircraft.

I can't take it any more!!! I'll host it myself!

1195876rs4.jpg

Back