News   Apr 26, 2024
 400     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 195     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 654     0 

Entertainment District.

I completely agree about the King car. I used to commute on that route and it's amazing how slow it can be. In fact, all of the transit in this area moves at a glacial pace. I guess we'll have to wait for the DRL to see a real improvement, but surely there are some things that can be done in the short term. I'd like to see POP boarding on King, and maybe the terminals could be rebuilt to allow ALRVs.

A number of years ago, a play was devised to create a streetcar ROW on King. Unfortunately, it involved reducing the street to one lane that would alternate one ways each block. It was met with enormous community opposition, and rightly so. A more rational plan would be to make it a normal one-way street with two lanes for the streetcar and two lanes for cars. Parking would be permitted off-peak just like today. The same could potentially be done for Queen, creating a one-way pair. Otherwise, it could be paired with Wellington.

Last edited:
It's weird how a commute from one end of downtown to the other during rush hour at times takes as long as a commute from downtown to the burbs. I find the same issue with the Queen streetcar as well. It's slow and is overcrowded.

A number of years ago, a play was devised to create a streetcar ROW on King.

Yea...and that plan is going to have to be revisited. Naturally.

I can bet, that will never happen on King or Queen...for goodness sake, build a subway under one of those arteries.

Uh...wouldn't a subway be considerably less likely? Something needs to be done now, so even if a subway was planned, studies done, funded and built, it would be way too late to deal with the problem now or in the near future. The horse has left the stable on this one.

apologize for booting up this old thread, but could someone tell me what those projects are across the street from pinnacle on the adelaide in mongo's map? the 125 and 118 meter ones.. Thanks!

Back