Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

From what I understand, Teksavvy runs off of Rogers... so if you wanted to switch, just call them and let them know... they don't even have to disconnect your line - so no interruption during the switch.
But you have to call them and let them know before calling Rogers..

I called TekSavvy when my 6-month promo was up. They told me that our buildings are wired for fibre only, and TekSavvy only provides cable or DSL. So we are stuck with Rogers or Bell.

Grasshopper, I am continuing with Rogers service. I have Hybrid Fibre 150 (350GB), along with Digital Basic cable with a NextBox HD Terminal for ~$99 a month.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to go to set up curtains and such? I'm kind of new at this and not sure where to start.

Since our windows are so tall, I ended up getting customized roller blinds through my friend's referral. I can PM you the company if you'd like. I checked Home Depot, Walmart etc. and there's nothing that you can buy off the shelf. For my room, I got black out curtains from Bouclair but it's not quite as "black out" as my blinds. The good thing is that it is way cheaper.

I called TekSavvy when my 6-month promo was up. They told me that our buildings are wired for fibre only, and TekSavvy only provides cable or DSL. So we are stuck with Rogers or Bell.

Grasshopper, I am continuing with Rogers service. I have Hybrid Fibre 150 (350GB), along with Digital Basic cable with a NextBox HD Terminal for ~$99 a month.

Thanks alvin545. You got a better deal. For me, Hybrid Fibre (120GB) + modem + basic home phone + basic cable + nextbox = $95.66.

Since our windows are so tall, I ended up getting customized roller blinds through my friend's referral. I can PM you the company if you'd like. I checked Home Depot, Walmart etc. and there's nothing that you can buy off the shelf. For my room, I got black out curtains from Bouclair but it's not quite as "black out" as my blinds. The good thing is that it is way cheaper.

We went with Blinds to Go, paid 35 dollars I think it was, for them to come and measure and determine where to install. The installer was very familiar with the three towers as he had done quite a few units. They have a two day turn around time.

hi guys, thank you for all replies.

I moved in last week . They only fixed the floor between living room and bed room. I called customer servies several times. They

refused to tell me when will they fix living room.I am so upset. Right now, I got new issues. My sink is falling down off the

granite. What kind of job they did. :mad:

20140906_205156[1].jpg
20140906_205134[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20140906_205156[1].jpg
    20140906_205156[1].jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 620
  • 20140906_205134[1].jpg
    20140906_205134[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 647
hi guys, thank you for all replies.

I moved in last week . They only fixed the floor between living room and bed room. I called customer servies several times. They

refused to tell me when will they fix living room.I am so upset. Right now, I got new issues. My sink is falling down off the

granite. What kind of job they did. :mad:

View attachment 32545View attachment 32546

Unbelievable.... what else can you say....there is obviously nothing holding that sink in place...

looks like they were careless... in my experiences, under mounts need to have a wooden board underneath; and then the sink and then the surface goes on top of that.. hope you get it fixed soon!

Unbelievable.... what else can you say....there is obviously nothing holding that sink in place...

What tower are you in?
I have purchased a unit in Dream Tower and my interim closing date isn't till December. I am pretty much building a list of things to look for during the PDI in the next coming months.

Hope your sink gets fixed soon!

Edit:

Just saw your previous posts. Phase 2 :(

Last edited:
I am currently living at phase 2. My occupancy date was June 2013. For the past 3 months, I have not yet received any hydro bill in my mailbox. So I wonder what I should do now, should I go to that temporary mailbox at Scarborough to check and see if I have the mail? Or contact hydro directly on it? I am sure there are people similar to me who is currently encountering this situation, what is your resolve?

I am currently living at phase 2. My occupancy date was June 2013. For the past 3 months, I have not yet received any hydro bill in my mailbox. So I wonder what I should do now, should I go to that temporary mailbox at Scarborough to check and see if I have the mail? Or contact hydro directly on it? I am sure there are people similar to me who is currently encountering this situation, what is your resolve?

I just got my keys today and I asked about mail. Mail is still being held at the post office.

Back