Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Count me in, and we can call together ;)

OK. So I went to the Bricks, and the commercial sales person there confirmed that the builder has not allowed the Bricks to assists us with upgrading the appliances directly through the Bricks. All upgrades must go through the builder.

I was like....WTH! He said that some builders allow purchaser to go upgrade directly through the vendor, and some of them don't.

Anyone else know any way around this? I hate putting the appliances on kijiji and sell them privately. What if I don't find a buyer? Where I am going to put those appliances that I don't want?

OK. So I went to the Bricks, and the commercial sales person there confirmed that the builder has not allowed the Bricks to assists us with upgrading the appliances directly through the Bricks. All upgrades must go through the builder.

I was like....WTH! He said that some builders allow purchaser to go upgrade directly through the vendor, and some of them don't.

Anyone else know any way around this? I hate putting the appliances on kijiji and sell them privately. What if I don't find a buyer? Where I am going to put those appliances that I don't want?

What a bummer. Go through builder for upgrades basically means "come and break my wallet".

Just the upgrade cost maybe enough to buy another set of appliances.

What a bummer. Go through builder for upgrades basically means "come and break my wallet".

Just the upgrade cost maybe enough to buy another set of appliances.

I think they are asking $1500 to upgrade to stainless steel which probably will get you a set of frigidaire stainless steel appliances. If you go with the builder is like paying two sets of appliances to get one set of appliances. :(

What's your plan probey? Are you going to sell and sell the black appliances individually and then buy the stainless steel ones?

I think they are asking $1500 to upgrade to stainless steel which probably will get you a set of frigidaire stainless steel appliances. If you go with the builder is like paying two sets of appliances to get one set of appliances. :(

What's your plan probey? Are you going to sell and sell the black appliances individually and then buy the stainless steel ones?

I think i will just stick with the default appliances (black) and see how i like them. It is kind of hard to sell the appliances separately.

I think i will just stick with the default appliances (black) and see how i like them. It is kind of hard to sell the appliances separately.

If you are interested, The bricks is doing VIP only sale on August 29 which have crazy sales, but they are not advertising it. You have to get the invitation in the store.

This is my condo layout. I have some questions about it.

-What's the difference between windows circled with black and blue pen?
-Are the ones circled in blue pen floor to ceiling windows?
-Are the ones circled in black pen floor sliding doors? If they are why there are three of them?

fiV67Va.jpg

This is my condo layout. I have some questions about it.

-What's the difference between windows circled with black and blue pen?
-Are the ones circled in blue pen floor to ceiling windows?
-Are the ones circled in black pen floor sliding doors? If they are why there are three of them?

fiV67Va.jpg

Black pen is definitely a sliding door - although I think there is only one slider there

Is the last 5% down payment due on the first day of occupancy, or when the condo get the condo status and your mortgage starts?

How about the land transfer taxes? When they are due?

- 5% is due on/before interim occupancy
- LTT is due prior to the final closing (that will be after the building gets registered)

- 5% is due on/before interim occupancy
- LTT is due prior to the final closing (that will be after the building gets registered)

And the mortgage starts when the building is registered? Which is could be up to 6 months after occupancy?

Hi Newbuyer,

I think you're correct that the mortgage starts when the building is registered. As for when registration will be, all we were able to get was an estimate when we last visited the office. We were told 6 months to a year is "the norm".

In other news, I'm getting so restless waiting! We were told that they'd be sending out some informational packages in September, then this got moved to october. Does anyone have an info on this? Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Back