Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Well as per Terion, if my unit is not available by January 14 2014. I get all my $$$ back, plus interest PLUS $7500...and buy a resale, it's been over 4 years it's ridiculous.

Does anyone know if closing has been delayed again? The last I heard was July 2013 but my aunt (who also bought) was told a later date. No one at the sales office or head office has been able to confirm anything for me! Very frustrating... they seem to not be able to return calls.

Is it because your aunt bought a higher floor? My understanding is July 2013 for closing is for the lowest floor, and add couple more weeks as floor rises.

come on realistically.....do you any of you believe that July 2013 is the closing date even for the lower floor? They are going to delay it again to end of 2013. That's my prediction.

To answer amavel_melle question, no I did not receive a notice from the builder about another delay. Mine is on the 8th floor though.

What do you guys think about the yellow bricks they are using? Why they copy the rental building? I am a little bit disappointed on that part. Even if they want to get the same color, they could use wider bricks (stucco look alike style) and it would look so much better. :mad:

come on realistically.....do you any of you believe that July 2013 is the closing date even for the lower floor? They are going to delay it again to end of 2013. That's my prediction.

To answer amavel_melle question, no I did not receive a notice from the builder about another delay. Mine is on the 8th floor though.

What do you guys think about the yellow bricks they are using? Why they copy the rental building? I am a little bit disappointed on that part. Even if they want to get the same color, they could use wider bricks (stucco look alike style) and it would look so much better. :mad:

honestly, first occupancy date will be july 2014

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

I will meet with Albert, the RBC mortgage rep, tmr to lock the mortgage rate. I will provide an update later.

newbuyer, sorry for the delay. Albert was sick and I forgot about it. Rate: 4.690. Term of Mortgage: 5 years. Closing date: Mar 28, 2014.

Been away for awhile. So what kind of mortgage rates are you guys locking in? I did speak to Albert at RBC before end of the year(early Nov) and he mentioned around 3.85% for 3 years and over 4% for 5 years. I did not lock it in yet....kind of seeing if there are any better rates out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong. By locking in with RBC, I can still shop around right? I was told RBC would just guaranteed me whatever rates I locked in just in case it does go up between now and the closing date?

Been away for awhile. So what kind of mortgage rates are you guys locking in? I did speak to Albert at RBC before end of the year(early Nov) and he mentioned around 3.85% for 3 years and over 4% for 5 years. I did not lock it in yet....kind of seeing if there are any better rates out there.

Correct me if I'm wrong. By locking in with RBC, I can still shop around right? I was told RBC would just guaranteed me whatever rates I locked in just in case it does go up between now and the closing date?

According to Albert, having the rate locked with him is like an insurance in case in the future the interest rate goes really high, which is not likely according to him. And usually it won't be that high by the team we are getting our units.

He also told me some of his clients got 2.69% for 5 years for the Concord condo on Sheppard and Leslie, so I guess our rates would not be that bad either.

And of course we can shop around for better rates, RBC is just one of the many options available.

In some condos, they paint it to darker colour. Do you guys think if they are going to paint them too? I am not a fan of that green/grey colour?

Drum118, you need to create a folder for just emerald city project. I had hard time to find emerald city pictures on your Flickr and still couldn't find them.

Back