Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

I don't get it.

Here are my issues:
(i) Why is there a second FULL bathroom in a 1BD+D? I could understand this IF the DEN was big enough for someone to sleep in. But at 6 by 6, it is more of a nook. Therefore, that second full bathroom will never get used; and,
(ii) That den is tiny. It is more of a nook. That said, wouldn't it have been better to try and increase the size of the living room area, and give potential for some room to eat (as opposed to having to eat in the living room);

Anyone have any other takes on this?

M.

I was about to post on this myself before I read through the whole thread. The second bathroom is a total waste of space. Two people can get by using one bathroom. I would've made the bedroom and ensuite bathroom slightly larger, to give the impression of more space, and put the washer dryer in the remaining space where the 2nd washroom is now. The den would've been a bit larger then. Is the second washroom such a big draw?

And is it just me or are condos still getting smaller. I remember looking at X at a 750 sq.ft. 1 + den, and I thought I could never live in a space that small. And they keep getting smaller!

I agree with the comments on wasted space on a 2nd bathroom in a small 645 sq.ft. unit

further, to call this a 1B+D is a total joke ... although a 6'11" X 6'11" den is an acceptable standard nowadays, the only way this was achieved was by losing the dining room ... therefore in reality the den should have been eliminated for a regular living+dining room combination ... that tells me the builder is just trying to MILK the project for all it is worth (since the more logical 1B layout would have fetched less $$ than the current 1B+D design)

Besides, as luxome kindly (thank you) pointed out, the builder for this project is Centrust Development, which sounds like yet another unknown 'one project' developer ... so purchasers in this project should be aware of the risks involved (although the regular consumers don't look into these things and only complain later :p)

This one should sell out within a month at this price.

I will predict that Centrium sells out in under 2 months.

LOL Anthony ... in order to 'appear' to be a professional real estate agent, maybe you'll need to make up your mind before you start selling the concept of "buy NOW, demand will excced supply" ~ ;)

So it's a small condo compared to some of the massive projects like Gibson Square.

There is no comparision between The Gibson Square and Centrium in terms of finish and design. Gibson is better. And it has direct access to the subway and Empress Walk. Hence the price difference.

I think you just summarized it right there Anthony ... Except for the cost factor (which is very important I agree), Gibson Square is being built by a reputable developer (Menkes), the design and finish is better, and it has direct underground subway access ... so remind me again the selling point of Centrium ??

Given the negatives above, the 645 sq.ft. 1B+D (which really should be a 1B) suite starting from $290,000 doesn't really qualify as affordable nor attractive pricing, which works out to $450/sq.ft., taking into consideration that this is NYCC, and this is not connected to a subway station (unlike many NYCC condos)

the builder for this project is Centrust Development, which sounds like yet another unknown 'one project' developer ... so purchasers in this project should be aware of the risks involved (although the regular consumers don't look into these things and only complain later :p)

Does anyone know the website for this project, or their sales centre phone number? I would like to snoop them, but I am having a hard time finding a starting point.

Thanks.

LOL Anthony ... in order to 'appear' to be a professional real estate agent, maybe you'll need to make up your mind before you start selling the concept of "buy NOW, demand will excced supply" ~ ;)

LOL, Busted!! Good eyes, Solaris.

Does anyone know the website for this project, or their sales centre phone number? I would like to snoop them, but I am having a hard time finding a starting point.

Thanks.

no website yet. i'm really hoping it gets that far (completion of Sales Office or even a website) :D *keeping my fingers crossed*

A super hard to read low image quality price list:
198283016417948.jpg

The location:
198250502321937.jpg

I have a pdf of that price list. According to that list and the zoning policy I managed to get my hands on too, this building will have 31 floors. The price, in my opinion is noticeably less than Gibson. Most units (on that list at least) are about $45x.xx/sq ft.

I have a pdf of that price list. According to that list and the zoning policy I managed to get my hands on too, this building will have 31 floors. The price, in my opinion is noticeably less than Gibson. Most units (on that list at least) are about $45x.xx/sq ft.

Could you attach the PDF, so we all could see it. Also (as I am being a bit lazy), could you post a link to the zoning report? Is it 31 storeys including mechanical penthouse?

After seeing that 1B+D, I am really curious to see the rest of their layouts.. I guess I will have to head north of Eglinton and snoop it!

mito ... how is it possible that you found 'zoning policy' that suggests Centrium will be 31 floors ?

First off, the site is not even currently zoned for high density residential development, let alone 31 storeys!

Secondly, the Rezoning application was just submitted to the City of Toronto Planning Department on September 3, 2009 (source: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/associatedApplicationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2484738) together with an application for rental housing demolition & conversion, that makes me wonder how credible your source is ~ :rolleyes:

For everyone else who's seriously interested in this project, I strongly urge you to give the City's Planner a call to find out for yourself, Mark Chlon @ 416.395.7137

mito ... how is it possible that you found 'zoning policy' that suggests Centrium will be 31 floors ?

First off, the site is not even currently zoned for high density residential development, let alone 31 storeys!

Secondly, the Rezoning application was just submitted to the City of Toronto Planning Department on September 3, 2009 (source: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/associatedApplicationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2484738) together with an application for rental housing demolition & conversion, that makes me wonder how credible your source is ~ :rolleyes:

Now I am confused, and it is after-hours to call the planner. Sooo, this is what I have heard and seen on this thread:

(i) There is a new development called The Centrium;
(ii) Someone claims to have seen a "planning policy" (maybe misworded) that the project is 31 storeys;
(iii) There is no website for the development;
(iv) The project has released floor plans, and a price list;
(v) There may, or may not be a sales centre (but, no one really know); and,
(vi) BUT, as per the City of Toronto Planning website, the re-zoning application was only submitted on September 3 2009?

So, is the project currently selling without even seeing initial comments on the re-zoning application? Anyone remember the Leslieville Lofts issue last year (I think they were 50%+ pre-sold when they pulled the plug due to zoning issues.. read up on it here, here, and on UT here.

Anyway, I guess I don't really care for this project enough to call the planner. But, between the layouts and the odd information above, I am interested in hearing other peoples thoughts from a real-estate and development perspective.

R.

M.

So, is the project currently selling without even seeing initial comments on the re-zoning application? Anyone remember the Leslieville Lofts issue last year (I think they were 50%+ pre-sold when they pulled the plug due to zoning issues..

Anyway, I guess I don't really care for this project enough to call the planner. But, between the layouts and the odd information above, I am interested in hearing other peoples thoughts from a real-estate and development perspective.

Let's put it this way iSlutsky ... a lot of less experienced developers try to pull a 'fast one' and start selling/marketing projects (1) even before they submit an development applcation to City; or (2) before they reach significant progress in the approval process; or (3) before they receive approval for their proposal (and that's normal)... a prime example of scenario #1 is Bazis' now dead One Bloor project and also Bazis' Emearld Park project

IMO ... as long as the builder gets scenario 2 above, which gives the project team sufficent comfort that things are progressing in the positive direction (that leads to recommendation for approval), I would be satisifed enough to buy into that project ... but of course a lot of people out there buying into condos do not realize nor look into these development approval issues :D

Here is "high res" of the partial price list. I believe these units are considered "sold" already. But again could be broken telephone. As for the zoning report, what I read was part of site 1, 2 and 3 for the corner concerning gibson, suspended project, and centrium. On it, they were all listed to be 27 to 31 storeys. I'm not a civil engineer or what not so I could very well be reading it wrong or used the term incorrectly. Having seen that and the price list indicating there is a unit on 31st floor, is it safe to assume it's going to be 31 floors?

As you can tell I'm a newb ( ^^post count), I am here to learn so if I've made a mistake, criticism and pointing me in the right direction is definitely welcomed.

Attachments

• centrium pricelist.jpg
    centrium pricelist.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 946

For everyone else who's seriously interested in this project, I strongly urge you to give the City's Planner a call to find out for yourself, Mark Chlon @ 416.395.7137

yay, i'm glad they are actually moving forward because the last submission was April 15, so i guess there is some progress. i'm putting a lot of hope into this one ;) http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=2423877

As you can tell I'm a newb ( ^^post count), I am here to learn so if I've made a mistake, criticism and pointing me in the right direction is definitely welcomed.

Mito, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the price list!

If you are here to learn, well you’ve found the best site on the web (IMO). On the other hand, regarding criticism, those are hard to come by in this forum…. ;)

Here are my issues:
(i) Why is there a second FULL bathroom in a 1BD+D? I could understand this IF the DEN was big enough for someone to sleep in. But at 6 by 6, it is more of a nook. Therefore, that second full bathroom will never get used; and,
(ii) That den is tiny. It is more of a nook. That said, wouldn't it have been better to try and increase the size of the living room area, and give potential for some room to eat (as opposed to having to eat in the living room);

The second bathroom is nice to have for guests. So they don't have to use your personal bathroom, and so you don't feel like you have to tidy things up in there, etc, before they come.

In this case, a half bath (?powder room) would be adequate. Maybe a 3-piece bath with slim/small shower if you are going to have a second bathroom anyway. Just in case you have guests staying overnight? The den cannot be used as a second bedroom comfortably, but I can seen some people using this to house another person.

Back