News   May 13, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Election Day/Night Plans?

Fac1

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd have posted this in the big election thread, but my question would likely get buried within 20 minutes due to the high volume of activity in there.

When is everyone planning on voting? I've got the day off and will probably vote mid-day, just after lunch. I'll be voting for Smitherman and probably Chris Caldwell for Ward 29. After that, I'll go to the LCBO and stock up to ease my misery given the likely outcome of Ford winning. It'll be easier to wrap my head around the idea of "Mayor Ford" while liquored up. I'll probably head to my building's party room and watch CP24 all day, unless they offer online streaming.

What are your plans for election night? How many will be heading to Torontoist's party in Parkdale? I'd be interested in going if a) it wasn't Parkdale and b) my friend didn't have an exam the next morning and thus unable to go with me. Any of the forum regulars setting up any meet-ups per chance? I wouldn't mind going to a more private event.

I will be at the Smitherman party this evening, too.

I will be in my Ward (13) all day, getting out the vote. Maybe I'll see you guys out there.

Today I'm running Joe's E-day. Tonight, I'll be at his party. The result isn't one I'm going to be happy with, but it's been a fun campaign.

I will be turning on what ever station that doesn't have Ben Mulroney "reporting"

Today I'm running Joe's E-day. Tonight, I'll be at his party. The result isn't one I'm going to be happy with, but it's been a fun campaign.

What's it like being at a hopeless election night party? Is it kind of like being at a surprise birthday party where the person celebrating their birthday doesn't show?

^ Yeah, I know right? Rogers' attempt at getting more cable subscribers.

So sad to see the sorry state of CityTV, a Toronto landmark.

What's it like being at a hopeless election night party? Is it kind of like being at a surprise birthday party where the person celebrating their birthday doesn't show?

We're doing a joint party with Mike Layton, so one half of the room should be cheery.

Back