Discovery Condos (Concord Park Place) - Real Estate -

Above floor 25. Unit 8. Building B. Not sure how much.

i believe the tridel's ALTO project thats east on sheppard at consumers rd near the atria building is selling for $480psf.. and thats banking on a future subway...

either that project is over valued or park place is worth more since the infrastructure is there (subway access)

Hey Everyone, I finally just got my welcoming PDI package in the mail. I was wondering for those who have gone through this process whether they can give tips or advice while going through the actual PDI inspection.

For instance, can you choose from a variety of days as to when you can book your PDI appointment? I read in one of the pamplets that you can not bring friends or family along during the actual inspection and only the homeowner(s) are to be present. Is this true?

Hey Everyone, I finally just got my welcoming PDI package in the mail. I was wondering for those who have gone through this process whether they can give tips or advice while going through the actual PDI inspection.

For instance, can you choose from a variety of days as to when you can book your PDI appointment? I read in one of the pamplets that you can not bring friends or family along during the actual inspection and only the homeowner(s) are to be present. Is this true?

While I can't speak about Concord's policy in specific, I can tell you that generally you are only permitted to bring one other person with you for a PDI. I believe this is to ensure that the process doesn't drag on. For our PDI, we were essentially given a day and time, and while it worked out for us, it wasn't convenient for a neighbor of ours. He easily had it switched by a couple of days.

As for pointers, I would bring a small pack of post it notes and use them to mark deficiencies such as blemishes in cabinets, floors, paint, etc. You may also want to bring along a device to allow you to test all electrical sockets such as a night light. I would also bring a pen and paper to write down all of the deficiencies. The builders rep will be noting them all, but you never know, they may miss one.

Good luck and post pics when done!

As part of the PDI, the Concord representative who was there to go through the inspection with us marked all touch ups with stickers and they will go through every outlet with you, so no need to bring your own. I just brought a camera to take pictures.

You get a copy of all the deficiencies, but might help to have photos to go with some of the description.

Just reading the prices look expensive. I'll have to see what the prices are when the buildings are finally closed and people moved in to tell. A few years ago 350k could have gotten you a 2 bedroom I believe. At this point all I know is the parking space is more expensive than the car you would use to park it in, for average car owners.

More units up for sale posted. What do you guys think about the prices?

___
Live in Concord Park Place: Discovery 1 & 2 !

1. 468 SF, High Floor, 1 bedroom , Parking + Locker Included!$ 279,900
2. 575 SF, High Floor, 1 bed + Den , Parking + Locker $ 340,000
3. 468 SF, 2 Walk-out balcony, Mid Floor, 1 Bedroom $ 249,900

http://toronto.backpage.com/HomesFo...overy-a-and-b-suites-can-be-yours-now/8857061

By the way, I saw a blue Concord Park Place shuttle bus parked there. It looks just like the one in the commercial. Is that one super van going to transport people in 4 buildings around? Does anyone know how much more maintenance fees it is to hire a driver and more buses? Maybe if it would lower the maintenance cost, I'll drive the damn thing myself shared time with others to save a bit! :)

Just reading the prices look expensive. I'll have to see what the prices are when the buildings are finally closed and people moved in to tell. A few years ago 350k could have gotten you a 2 bedroom I believe. At this point all I know is the parking space is more expensive than the car you would use to park it in, for average car owners.

I agree Wildmyst, these prices look outrageously expensive, almost 600/square foot on the higher floor units. That is downtown kind of prices. I wasn't too impressed with my PDI in terms of the quality of the materials, very generic. The bedrooms seem extremely small but that is what you get these days, from what I hear. I wonder how much of the price is location. I think the final prices after registration will tell the tale as everything is jacked up now. It very much depends on how many units have been bought by investors looking to flip, if there are a lot, the prices will come down. Thoughts?

I agree Wildmyst, these prices look outrageously expensive, almost 600/square foot on the higher floor units. That is downtown kind of prices. I wasn't too impressed with my PDI in terms of the quality of the materials, very generic. The bedrooms seem extremely small but that is what you get these days, from what I hear. I wonder how much of the price is location. I think the final prices after registration will tell the tale as everything is jacked up now. It very much depends on how many units have been bought by investors looking to flip, if there are a lot, the prices will come down. Thoughts?

What would you say the dimensions are of the bedrooms? I know that on most of their floor plans they do not state dimensions and I've always been curious.

Asiancolossus: Did you take any pics that you can post here? I am also a bit curious about the size of the typical bedroom.

Wildymyst: I also saw the blue Concord van a few days ago. Definitely hope that is not 'the van' but just one of many. By the time I hop into that little shuttle van with my Ikea shopping bags and boxes, there will be barely enough room to hold anyone else.. ha ha.

An agent posted a few assignment sales for building A, B, D and E - pricing between $500-$530/sqft

Hey professor, I had the concord agents write down the bedroom dimensions on my unit, from what's I see it's around 10 x 9 for smaller rooms and 13 x 9 for larger master rooms, which does NOT leave much room if you were to have a queen bed, which makes me a bit sad.

Hey Cassius, I took some pics but the bedrooms didn't show up too well as they show the windows and walls lol, but the dimensions above should give an idea. I was told that even if I got a 3 bedroom, the rooms wouldn't have been any bigger.

On the plus side the windows were very big and the rooms were bright.

The front lobby is quite plain and I didn't notice any place to sit for visitors and guests. I was hoping for a nicer area in front. My parking spot was convenient and although I didn't quite understand there are several entrances for parking so even if you are two floors below you don't have to circle around and around, which is nice. Downside is that visitor parking is in building B (I am in building A)

The amenities won't be ready until the spring, but I was told the shuttle bus should be ready soon after occupancy.

Professor and Cassius, and others here who have bought here, it would be nice to actually put the faces to the names one day soon!

More units up for sale posted. What do you guys think about the prices?

___
Live in Concord Park Place: Discovery 1 & 2 !

1. 468 SF, High Floor, 1 bedroom , Parking + Locker Included!$ 279,900
2. 575 SF, High Floor, 1 bed + Den , Parking + Locker $ 340,000
3. 468 SF, 2 Walk-out balcony, Mid Floor, 1 Bedroom $ 249,900

http://toronto.backpage.com/HomesFo...overy-a-and-b-suites-can-be-yours-now/8857061

This is only the listing price, but the actual selling price is much lower than this now. For 1+den unit, the sale price is around $275,000 to $300,000. So far, there isn't any unit sold higher than $300,000 for a 575 sf unit. 2 bedroom unit is selling for $417,000. These are the actual sale price.

The quality for concord is not gurantee and it definitely won't amaze you at all. I would say it doesn't matter if they contracting out the interior design work or not, the quality and design is still going to be the same. The price for concord building is definitely cheaper than Tridal or Minto.

Back