News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 411     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Death of Clubland (aka: Is Adam Vaughan trying to kill the Club District?)

And said "business owners" aren't necessarily Adam Vaughan's constituents, either.

Besides, it isn't as if a cultural hive such as 401 Richmond is thriving off said suburban douchebags--it'd probably be thriving even without nightclubs all around it...

Hardly fair....

I hardly think the hordes of suburban douchebags will be missed.

This is a gross and unfair comment about people living in the burbs coming down to the clubs.

There are plenty of people living in Toronto that are just as loud and obnoxious in their behaviour as any person from Woodbridge because I've seen them. Hell, I work with some of them and they all live within the city.

Referring to people from 905 as douchebags says much more about your character than theirs. And I'm a 416er.....

Even Wrongbar has been taken over by drug dealers. Speaking of drug fronts, how about the Annex Wreck Room--it's a front for the ____'s _____'s.

When you read about the ongoing Mexican drug war, it makes you want to stay away from the club scene. Until drugs are legalized, there is zero reason to support such sleaze bags.

You are, of course, referring only to nightclubs.

Nightclubs aren't the only businesses that depend on the crowds that this area used to benefit from.

And said "business owners" aren't necessarily Adam Vaughan's constituents, either.

Not all, but many are. Aside from that, the business owners aren't the only ones who benefit from their business.

To make my point obvious, let's demolish the Eaton Centre. Its owners aren't Kyle Rae's constituents. His constituents however, wouldn't appreciate the hundreds (or thousands) of lost jobs from the ward, the massive loss of tax revenue and the peripheral businesses that would close down because they depend on the crowd the Eaton Centre brings to the area.

As a '416 er' I share your general dislike of the suburbs, but at the same time, everyone in the city doesen't want to go to indie bars. This in NOT an attack on anyone's musical tastes, it just strikes me as rather ironic when the club opponents have no problem with other bars when they open up; and if the clubs are so dangerous, where is the public furor over the Brass Rai? It seems innocent people get shot while walking in front of it.

Nightclubs aren't the only businesses that depend on the crowds that this area used to benefit from.

Not all, but many are. Aside from that, the business owners aren't the only ones who benefit from their business.

To make my point obvious, let's demolish the Eaton Centre. Its owners aren't Kyle Rae's constituents. His constituents however, wouldn't appreciate the hundreds (or thousands) of lost jobs from the ward, the massive loss of tax revenue and the peripheral businesses that would close down because they depend on the crowd the Eaton Centre brings to the area.

Yeah, but notice I mentioned 401 Richmond. Which, I'd argue, is a model of a crucible that doesn't depend upon said crowds. And around these parts, I'd argue that it's the far stronger/worthier "Eaton Centre" equivalent to look up to--courtesy of the daughter of he who created the Eaton Centre's mythic form...

Im going to have Adam Vaughan on Inside Toronto Real Estate on April 21st, I'm going to address the club district and philosophy towards business owners. If you have any questions you want me to ask him be sure to email us at InsideTORealEstate@rogersTV.com

And the stereotypes continue. A lot of the people in these clubs live in Toronto...and let's face it, most of them are just regular kids out to have a good time.

Yeah, but what kinds of people?

jersey-shore-1228jpg-014069a13b34befb_large.jpg

Snooki can come to Toronto anytime she likes!
The Situation can too, when he finally comes comes out. I'll take him to Woody's.

Oh, Mr Persaud....would you please ask Mr Vaughan if he's been laid anytime in the last five years.

No.....seriously. As a budding psychologist, I dare say I've figured out his little crusade.

As a "budding" psychologist, I'm sure your musings would be funny (not because of any concerns about accuracy).

Fact is, the clubs in the area will mostly die due to development. The end.

Besides, when it comes to sexual quality, I'll betcha you'll find more of it among the 401 Richmond denizens than among the douchebag clubgoers. So, better, healthier sexuality = create more 401 Richmond-esque cultural hubs.

Mr vaughan wants to 'sanitize' the area..

Curious if he and the residents will regret it once the neighbourhood resembles College/Bay - Condo heaven?!

I'd be curious on how many of those residents are actually '905ers' themselves - bet you it's pretty high!

Back