News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The Sheppard East extension would not work due to the capacity constraints on the Yonge Line. With the Ontario Line effectively killing any opportunity to relieve Yonge Line congestion north of Bloor in the Long term, I don't anticipate we'll ever see an extension of the Sheppard subway.

Had the Ontario Line been planned with long term effectiveness in mind, we'd be able to explore this extension.
You think Del Duca will revert back to the Relief line when he's elected? If so, would it be preferable to do so than remaining with the current Ontario line?

You think Del Duca will revert back to the Relief line when he's elected? If so, would it be preferable to do so than remaining with the current Ontario line?

The loss of the King/Parliament station, not to mention the expansion north of Pape and west of Osgoode are too many net losses to revert back now. There's even an outside chance of a Distillery Station (and Liberty Village Stn) added in.

Aren't we sick and tired of every successive government coming in and trying to reinvent Toronto's rapid transit system map?

This is exactly what has creaed Toronto's lack of transit, every government having to make changes when they win aneetion... and every time it takes the whole of their tenure toget it started just to have it changed again. Lets just accept what we're getting and move on regardless of whether you like who's taking the credit.

This is exactly what has creaed Toronto's lack of transit, every government having to make changes when they win aneetion... and every time it takes the whole of their tenure toget it started just to have it changed again. Lets just accept what we're getting and move on regardless of whether you like who's taking the credit.
I definitely agree even if the way it's being done is shady and questionable.

With the current schedule, he won't be able to do much.

Contract is to be awarded before the next election. I agree that they should leave it alone if it does get to construction stage before the election. Ripping it apart would only add years of delay. We really need 6 year terms if this crap flip flops every 4 years.

Sheppard East subway would be the worst line yet. NYC to STC movement should to be proven before they even consider it. That means they need to make more jobs near STC. Unlike Eg West in which it would attract riders from Line 2, Finch express 939 and Steeles Express 953 would likely still commute to Yonge oppose to Sheppard to Line 4. The reason is east-west routes from Central Etobicoke to Line 1 sucks and takes an hour and are much better in Scabrorough.

I rather see money go towards EELRT or building a LRT network east of Scarbrough subway. The subway lovers of Scarborough can wait longer as they don't deserve 2 subways before the much needed LRTs.
Sheppard east at least makes sense between Don Mills and Victoria Park.,. If they ever build Relief line North, it would be a good place to end the line until the ridership increases on the STC buses.

Majority of ppl in Scarborough if they're heading west, they're heading to the downtown core of around thYonge & Sheppard / Finch or Yonge and Eglinton area.

The crosstown will help the ppl going to Yonge n Eglinton.

A Sheppard east extension from Don Mills eastwards would help the ppl going to Finch n Sheppard area on Yonge

My ideal transit situation for Scarborough would be EELRT
Sheppard east extension preferably to at least Mccowan
SRT to Mccowan and Sheppard

Majority of ppl in Scarborough if they're heading west, they're heading to the downtown core of around thYonge & Sheppard / Finch or Yonge and Eglinton area.

The crosstown will help the ppl going to Yonge n Eglinton.

A Sheppard east extension from Don Mills eastwards would help the ppl going to Finch n Sheppard area on Yonge

My ideal transit situation for Scarborough would be EELRT
Sheppard east extension preferably to at least Mccowan
SRT to Mccowan and Sheppard

SRT is on an east-west axis at SC/McCowan Stns. It can only continue eastwards. EELRT only makes sense if we build it to the same standard as EWLRT and central Crosstown. But I agree that Sheppard subway from Dufferin to McCowan definitely should be prioritized after this first current wave of rapid transit expansions.

SRT is on an east-west axis at SC/McCowan Stns. It can only continue eastwards. EELRT only makes sense if we build it to the same standard as EWLRT and central Crosstown. But I agree that Sheppard subway from Dufferin to McCowan definitely should be prioritized after this first current wave of rapid transit expansions.

The sheppard subway extension, are we not talking about line 4 and bringing that Eastward

The sheppard subway extension, are we not talking about line 4 and bringing that Eastward

Yes, I'm agreeing with you. Line 4 (otherwise known as the Sheppard subway line) must inevitably be extended east of Don Mills (and west of Yonge too).

Back