News   May 17, 2024
 2.5K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Corktown

Look more carefully! As noted above there is still about 100 meters of mud just south of Eastern Avenue - it's being worked on 'as we speak'.
No mud any more. Asphalt all the way. Still needs another coat, but moving fast.

Still looks like it will take them a bit of time to get the last piece of Bayview in though, up the hill.

This is the Canadian Lung Assn building at King and St Lawrence:

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 4L3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 104560 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jan 11, 2012

Project: Non-Residential Building Conversion

Description: Proposal to convert existing office building to day care facility.

Do you know where they are moving ?

It looks like some work is going on inside one of the retail units at 569 king east. I can't seem to find any indication as to what might be going in there.

I have read that the building on the southeast corner of king and sackville has been leased to a paint store. 475 King east I believe.

Lame indeed, but I can only imagine that with the occupation of corktown district phase 2, river city, the king east and the TCHC building at 589 we will start to see businesses that serve the community better on a day to day basis.

Yeah, it's actually a good thing. For a neighbourhood to truly shine you need a smorgasbord of things - bars, furniture and lighting shops butchers, greengrocers, cheese shops, restos galore, florists, cafes, small medical offices, boutiques, hardware stores - and, yes, paint stores. It's not what goes into one specific locale - it's the net effect that's crucial.

Deli / cafe would have served me much better. And a new paint store was opened at Sackville and Queen last year. Fuck, a dry cleaner would have been more welcomed by me. Such potential in that little space, especially with its patio - but alas, it will become a car pad once again.

Do you guys know the status of that proposed office building beside the SAS office building ?

Do you guys know the status of that proposed office building beside the SAS office building ?
Not sure if it is in Corktown (which normally stops at Parliament) but it is still 'in the pipeline".

Site Plan Approval

Site plan approval application for 8 storey commercial building, with ground floor retail and one level below grade to be used as commercial space / storage space / mechanical space. Note that building has been changed from 7 to 8 storeys.

Application Number 09 138395 STE 28 SA Application Status Application Submitted
Planner Name
Phone Number Carr, Avery
416-392-0423 Status Date May 14, 2009
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received May 14, 2009
Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) 7,121

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 0

Lot Size (sq m) 1,018

Proposed Residential Units 0

Proposed Storeys 8

http://www.thegridto.com/city/places/derelict-delights-399-king-st-e/

Screen-shot-2012-04-24-at-2.43.54-PM.png

Screen-shot-2012-04-24-at-2.44.05-PM.png

Screen-shot-2012-04-24-at-2.44.17-PM.png

Ethel, the vintage store from Leslieville, is moving into the space vacated by Public Mobile on the south side of Queen, between Parliament and Berkeley. Another vintage store, Even and Odd, is opening up next to Redline Coffee. Retail is slowly turning the bend in Corktown!

Back