News   May 13, 2024
 277     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 604     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 980     1 

Cops target squeegee kids

Dangerous eh? Maybe the coppers can take out all the taxi drivers next. Those bastards drive like bloody idiots. THEY'RE dangerous. If I hit a squeegee kid with my car, I'm alright. If I mash an idiot taxi....we're looking at some damage.

Dangerous eh? Maybe the coppers can take out all the taxi drivers next. Those bastards drive like bloody idiots. THEY'RE dangerous. If I hit a squeegee kid with my car, I'm alright. If I mash an idiot taxi....we're looking at some damage.
I'd be glad if the police would just enforce the laws, both against roadside begging and idiot taxis.

I don't like the taxi drivers, but the drivers that irritate me the most are the highway tailgaiters. Even at above the speed limit at 110, they're 6 feet behind you. Most of the time, these are not taxi drivers.

I don't like the taxi drivers, but the drivers that irritate me the most are the highway tailgaiters. Even at above the speed limit at 110, they're 6 feet behind you. Most of the time, these are not taxi drivers.
I usually only see this when slow drivers are in the middle or left lane. If you're doing 110 in the right lane, then you shouldn't see much tailgating. In open traffic middle lane is usually 120+, left lane 130.

I usually only see this when slow drivers are in the middle or left lane. If you're doing 110 in the right lane, then you shouldn't see much tailgating. In open traffic middle lane is usually 120+, left lane 130.
This would be 110 in say a middle lane, or a left lane if there is heavy congestion. Either way, there is no excuse to be 6 feet behind someone on a highway going 3-digit kmh speeds.

This is even more dangerous than the squeegee kids darting in and out of traffic.

Yeah, that would be young invincible idiots like me...not taxis. Get the hell out of the passing lane if you're not accelerating to pass. I'm not over-working my brakes because the slow driver in front of me has terrible depth perception and/or doesn't check mirrors.

Last week I was in Manhattan for five days for a conference. Now that is a city that has its house in order. I did not see one single beggar, and no squeegee people. Even graffiti was a rare site, and I walked everywhere from Central Park down to the Freedom Tower. There are police on every corner, and pedestrians everywhere, even at 2am when we left the clubs. Stopping roadside begging in Toronto could be accomplished in a weekend.

Manhattan isn't a city it's a borough. The homeless rate in NYC hit a record high in 2010. NY's way to get tough on the homeless/pan handling is to push them out of the tourist area's in Manhattan and into the other four boroughs. Visit the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, you'll see all kinds of pan handling, homeless, graffiti. It would be like Toronto pushing homeless out of the downtown core into the The Kingsway, or North York.

Manhattan isn't a city it's a borough. The homeless rate in NYC hit a record high in 2010. NY's way to get tough on the homeless/pan handling is to push them out of the tourist area's in Manhattan and into the other four boroughs. Visit the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, you'll see all kinds of pan handling, homeless, graffiti. It would be like Toronto pushing homeless out of the downtown core into the The Kingsway, or North York.

Better yet, Markham, Pickering and Vaughan :)

Manhattan isn't a city it's a borough. The homeless rate in NYC hit a record high in 2010. NY's way to get tough on the homeless/pan handling is to push them out of the tourist area's in Manhattan and into the other four boroughs.
I'd be fine if the roadside beggars were pushed out of the old City of Toronto and into the burbs of Scarborough, Etobicoke, etc.

I'd be fine if we pushed all the gangbangers to the Old City of Toronto. Wtf, are you serious? How about we all share the responsibility for the fact that in our society we have people who simply couldn't make it?

Besides, what was wrong with my idea of shipping them off to Detroit? No one there would notice anything being amiss.

How about we all share the responsibility for the fact that in our society we have people who simply couldn't make it?
Considering that downtown Toronto has the highest number of homeless shelters, and an entire service industry focused on the homeless and downtrodden I think the downtown core does more than its fair share.

Considering that downtown Toronto has the highest number of homeless shelters, and an entire service industry focused on the homeless and downtrodden I think the downtown core does more than its fair share.

I agree completely.

Back