News   May 09, 2024
 803     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 540     0 

condos near completion 2010-early 2011

EXgeMMy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Can anyone know of any condos that are currently being constructed slated for completion in 2010 or early 2011?

Perhaps my research sucks but I seem to be finding mainly info on pre construction projects.

my price range is $350K, 700-850 sq ft. 2beds, preferably with parking/locker.

Should I be looking to buy from the builder or should I seek out people who are looking to flip their contracts?

my price range is $350K, 700-850 sq ft. 2beds, preferably with parking/locker. QUOTE]

EXgeMMy, if you find something in your price range - $350K, 700-850 sq ft. 2beds, preferably with parking/locker for new condos in downtown Toronto please let me know. I am looking for some condos similar to your price range. thanks.

Can anyone know of any condos that are currently being constructed slated for completion in 2010 or early 2011?

Perhaps my research sucks but I seem to be finding mainly info on pre construction projects.

my price range is $350K, 700-850 sq ft. 2beds, preferably with parking/locker.

Should I be looking to buy from the builder or should I seek out people who are looking to flip their contracts?

There is lots out there. What area are you looking in?

After searching for a home I really don't think there are many 2 bedrooms out there with parking for $350K.

Prices are a bit insane right now. New developments pre-sale is a possibility but even corktown district is at $385K

I got lucky with West Harbour City and got 928sq ft. for $330K. No parking though. 1 bedroom +den (will make dining room a bedroom later)

After searching for a home I really don't think there are many 2 bedrooms out there with parking for $350K.

Prices are a bit insane right now. New developments pre-sale is a possibility but even corktown district is at $385K

I got lucky with West Harbour City and got 928sq ft. for $330K. No parking though. 1 bedroom +den (will make dining room a bedroom later)

usually 1 + den are around 600-650 sq ft. This must be a huge condo for 928 sqft. Of course one should try to convert den to BR.

Congratulations! The price is pretty good --- less than $360 PSF. Wondering how did you get the deal, as I know the current price is like $420 to $450 PST at least... Is it phase 1 or phase 2?

To be honest I don't know why they had the price so low on this unit. They may have just been looking to clear inventory.

This is what I bought

http://www.westharbourcity.ca/whc1/pdf/1Bedroom+Den/13-411.pdf

I recognize there are some issues with the layout

- W/D in the master
- Faces NE so there's limited light
- Structural pillar in the kitchen

But 928 sq ft for $327K was a good price. I may convert the dining room into a bedroom later by putting in sliding doors.

For comparison this unit that is 742 Sq. ft was selling for $313K

http://www.westharbourcity.ca/whc1/pdf/1Bedroom+Den/07-202.pdf

To be honest I don't know why they had the price so low on this unit. They may have just been looking to clear inventory.

This is what I bought

- W/D in the master

But 928 sq ft for $327K was a good price. I may convert the dining room into a bedroom later by putting in sliding doors.

i liked ACE's recommendation of having the kitchen where the DR currently is, but leave everything else where it is and the space open ... you should ask the developer if it's still possible to do structural changes and get that done even if you have to pay $$$ ... it'll be worth it in the long run since you'll have an additional usuable space of 10 ft x 15 ft.

it's pretty much done, occupancy is in Jan.

I'm just thinking about the future. Do you think more space or a 2nd bedroom will appeal to buyers?

it's pretty much done, occupancy is in Jan.

I'm just thinking about the future. Do you think more space or a 2nd bedroom will appeal to buyers?

that 10 ft x 15 ft space would be very versatile and could be used as a 2nd bedroom, DR, large den, etc ...

IMO a 8 ft x 9 ft 'bedroom' (and considerably less when closet installed) without a window may have limited appeal ... it was a poor design decision made by the architect/interior designer; hence the substantially lower sale price for this 928 sq ft for $327K than the 742 Sq. ft selling for $313K.

it may be to your benefit (both financially and functionally) to look into options of renovating the kitchen and DR after the fact, if electrical and plumbing lines permit.

that 10 ft x 15 ft space would be very versatile and could be used as a 2nd bedroom, DR, large den, etc ...

IMO a 8 ft x 9 ft 'bedroom' (and considerably less when closet installed) without a window may have limited appeal ... it was a poor design decision made by the architect/interior designer; hence the substantially lower sale price for this 928 sq ft for $327K than the 742 Sq. ft selling for $313K.

it may be to your benefit (both financially and functionally) to look into options of renovating the kitchen and DR after the fact, if electrical and plumbing lines permit.

I also liked ACE's idea of moving the Kitchen to the DNR as well and making the Den/Kitchen into a massive room. If that were the case I wonder how much it would cost to make such a switch as rewiring lighting would have to be done also.

This is what I bought

- W/D in the master

For comparison this unit that is 742 Sq. ft was selling for $313K

http://www.westharbourcity.ca/whc1/pdf/1Bedroom+Den/07-202.pdf

Hey EXgeMMy

I have been following this construction and believe you got an excellent price! Out of curiosity what floor are you on if you dont mind me asking?

I'm on the 8th floor.

I'm slightly concerned about the layout. Even though it's a huge space there are design flaws.

I'm also concerned about the fact that there are so many units going up around there. Waterpark City which is a little older has 1 bedroom units for like $280 w/ parking. Granted I'm sure they are much smaller.

The proposed Loblaws at bathurst/Lakeshore was proposed 4years ago and still nothing has changed. They announced for sure they are building one at Queen/Portland so I wonder if they still plan on building at Bathurst/Lakeshore.

Back