News   Jun 04, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 645     1 

Condo Critic: Cityplace proving its critics wrong

Actually, if you want to be picky, the St Lawrence neighbourhood isn't much more "transit accessible" to the downtown core--the King car's a few blocks away, and otherwise there's that silly little infrequent Pape-bus-extension wiggling through...

Not so when you just miss both, when the King or Queen streetcars are too busy to get on, or when it's cold and rainy outside. By going south to Queen's Quay, you still have infrequent service, have to divert southward out of your way, and must transfer to a short subway ride north. With so many thousands of people living at Cityplace, running some streetcars up Spadina then east into downtown would be a cheap way to improve connectivity using existing infrastructure. Just an idea.
Use the NextBus system :cool: http://www.nextbus.com/predictor/stopSelector.jsp?a=ttc

Seriously, I haven't had issues travelling this route (from QQ, not from CityPlace), nor have people I know who live in City Place

There's a bus that runs through SLM plus it's two-three blocks from union station - the main connection point for the entire region's transit.

What happened to the planned Bremner Streetcar route? Would have made sense to install the tracks as the road was built vs tearing it up again a few years later. It would really be a useful route but I wonder just how serious the city/TTC was about it.

Back