News   May 09, 2024
 356     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 416     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 697     1 

CityPlace: West One

Theres a CIBC going into the corner of the building - thank god, we really need one in this area.

Garage Door troubles have been moved to this thread.

doesn anybody know if that notched (concrete framed) section about half way up is a single unit? looks like it'd be one hell of a party spot!

Those are recreation facilities - there's a pool in there, a dining room...

Some more photos:

2521654642_18eca20c46_b.jpg

2520852443_02b5968e6c_b.jpg

2521676796_c7f1f69a82_b.jpg

2520858871_17a564d361_b.jpg

West One + Harbour View Estates 1 & 2 taken from the Apex last week...

The crown of HVE2 used to look spectacular at night, but I haven't seen it lit at all in 2008... unfortunately it seems like the "warm by night" concept isn't being fully implemented on all the Cityplace towers and some simply go dark after a year or so of lighting the night sky. I should note all the extra light on the HVE towers is due to the Skydome being open for a Jays game.

2625065784_856ce08a26_b.jpg

Hey y'all;

I have just purchased a unit in West One. Grew up in TO but lived in Ottawa for the past 9 (long) years. Can't stand the slow-paced & boring lifestyle, so I am back in the Big Smoke.

I am wondering if anyone knows what that two L-shaped white box is just west of West One are. I heard somewhere that they are supposed to be a school, daycare centre, community centre or something. Thanks.

Attachments

• yuyuzf2.jpg
    yuyuzf2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 349
Welcome back to the city!

That is actually a school. Half public, half Catholic, one building. It will be designed by aA and will also include a tower portion* which I'm pretty sure is a TCHC affair.

*You all heard correct - tower portion.

Welcome back to the city!

That is actually a school. Half public, half Catholic, one building. It will be designed by aA and will also include a tower portion* which I'm pretty sure is a TCHC affair.

*You all heard correct - tower portion.

Thanks for the info PE.

Tower portion meaning a portion of the building will be a tower? Any idea how high?

And what is TCHC? Sorry, need to get myself up to speed with TO acronyms.

TCHC = Toronto Community Housing Corporation (public housing agency)

however I haven't heard about another residential tower component about the 'school' block ... seeing that TCHC has 2 large blocks west of Parade, hopefully they don't build more at this site west of W1/N

Back