Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Did Peter Clewes design these (watered down by the developers?)

It's interesting how the round building references the first cityplace building built--and my favourite (along Front st) and the square one the current phases of Cityplace--past meets present=future? It's a wanna be arc de triomphe and while certainly light years beyond anything centred around spadina cityplace, just looks like it's trying too hard. But--except for suburbanites commuting everyday to Miss and beyond, and the residents themselves--who will notice or care?

Parade and Panorama are the new city place projects and after that i Think its the long awaited 70-story Signature project. From the site Map i don't see if they are any more other buildings to go.

N1 and West One are toped out.
Luna/Montage/Gallery are U/C
Parade and panorama are in Sales.

Cityplace sucks on street level but its presence from the lake and the Island and the skyline is very good.

And people coming from the west once Bremner and Fort York Blvd meet? This area will be quite busy once everything is built out. Especially once the LCBO/supermarket and other retailers open up.

On the area rendering, the skywalk is narrower than the first rendering implied - not sure if it's wide enough for suites.

The orange base reminds me of Village by the Grange - am I off base with that?

I like the bridge, but the opposite shapes of the towers don't quite work for me.

They should have a circle, a square, and a triangle. And turn the roofscape into corporate advertising
180px-CTV.jpg

Hey, goes well w/the Globe & Mail...

Parade and Panorama are the new city place projects and after that i Think its the long awaited 70-story Signature project. From the site Map i don't see if they are any more other buildings to go.

N1 and West One are toped out.
Luna/Montage/Gallery are U/C
Parade and panorama are in Sales.

Cityplace sucks on street level but its presence from the lake and the Island and the skyline is very good.

Actually, Gallery is pretty much complete (it is the "loft" building attached to N1/N2). Luna has not yet started construction. Not sure if they have begun even digging it out yet. Neo and Montage are currently on the rise. Neo is making quite the impact when looking west along Bremner. Once that building is topped out (I think at 16 floors), it is going to look quite big. Montage behind it will close off the space around the Skydome and make it look more like it is IN a city, rather than on the edge of one.

Cityplace: Parade Towers

I noticed that Cityplace has recently updated their site with new images of the Parade Towers project. I find it interesting that a few buildings now, are incorporating the bridge element into their designs-I kind of get the feeling that these are still conceptual too-

However, there are not too many cylindrical towers in the city, so if this is the direction they are going, it could be a little bit of a break from the box.

http://www.cityplace.ca/parade/index.asp

p5

Back