Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

I just walked by but it seemed fairly noisy and it was full of young, pretty people. The place looks pretty good and I'm sure the view of the park, from the second floor, would be quite nice. The patio seemed more like a bar than a restaurant and people were dressed rather well.

I'm surprised it was so crowded, as most people probably don't even know it's open.

Took some photos of the area last weekend. I found some interesting things inside "Tom Thomsons" canoe! lol It must be quite a spot for dates.
IMG_5793.jpg
P9154360.jpg
P9154366-2.jpg
P9154382-1-2.jpg
P9154389.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5793.jpg
    IMG_5793.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,718
  • P9154360.jpg
    P9154360.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,724
  • P9154366-2.jpg
    P9154366-2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,710
  • P9154382-1-2.jpg
    P9154382-1-2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,657
  • P9154389.jpg
    P9154389.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,722
Great article. The interiors of those Skybridge suites seem to look really awesome in the renderings. Quite the stunning views, both north and south.

Arp. Who was the glass supplier?

The glass did not 'fall' out. The glass was broken by grommets on a flag that Concord Adex installed over the windows. High winds resulted in the grommet hitting the glass and shattering a window. A second window was also damaged in the same incident and is set to be replaced. The flag was removed immediately once Concord Adex was made aware of the incident.

That must have been a nasty wake-up call. Who would have believed that wind-whipped grommets could have exceeded the windows' tolerance. I don't feel so good about that…

That must have been a nasty wake-up call. Who would have believed that wind-whipped grommets could have exceeded the windows' tolerance. I don't feel so good about that…

It was quite a large flag, with large grommets flapping around on quite a windy day. It would have acted exactly like a window shattering device that you would use to escape from a car. A simple tap, and the glass breaks.

It was quite a large flag, with large grommets flapping around on quite a windy day. It would have acted exactly like a window shattering device that you would use to escape from a car. A simple tap, and the glass breaks.

I miss the days when buildings came with metal balconies instead of glass.

13070215185_d19c0f262c_c.jpg

13070539484_8911f4c0ce_c.jpg

I walked under the bridge on my lunch yesterday, and there are still small pieces of glass on the ground. The site wasn't even cleaned properly!

I'm assuming some of the glass fell onto snow, which wouldn't have appeared until the recent thaw. Whoever the contractor is that is clearing snow in CityPlace is doing a TERRIBLE job too (Blocked crosswalks, poor sight lines due to snow piled up on roads at intersections, entire lanes blocked by snow piles etc), so I doubt most of the snow was ever cleared under the bridge to begin with... leading to some of the glass being lost until the melt.

There were also some broken bottles there when I walked by on Sunday, so it could just be glass from those.

Pics taken Mar 11, 2014
Nice warm day to take pics but the stench of dog sh*t was overwhelming in the park.

aaJqZ4i.jpg

ImfdTIc.jpg

Back