News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 375     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 952     1 

Church-Wellesley Village

Looks like the medical centre is open.

And the Yogen Fruz place has a for lease sign on it that I think is new so maybe Yogurty's isn't coming in after all.

yogurty's going there i believe is the verdict

That's what it says on the window but that little space there has been sitting empty since late spring or early summer, so at least six months. There's something sketchy going on there.

This is the former law office between Gloucester & Isabella. Interesting use, I wonder if it's the same guy who owns Victoria's Mansion on Gloucester.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2E7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 289368 ZZC 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 5, 2012

Project: House Other Proposal

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to convert existing office building into a Bed and Breakfast.

Capturebb.JPG

My real estate lawyer worked out of there until a few years ago when he either moved or closed down his practice. The house was a wreck both inside and out and not much better since it was renovated. I often wish that if I had the money to buy that property I'd demolish it, built a larger home set back somewhat and run a business like a cool coffee shop on the main floor with a patio out front then live above on the second floor. I'd like to see a little more life north of Gloucester Street.

I think if I booked at that future B&B and then discovered this building on my arrival that I'm promptly check in at a hotel. Ick. This building needs to be razed and replaced with something decent.

Guys, this isn't just my idea. It was confirmed over a month ago that Smokes is coming to the village! I'm just wondering where they will put it. I actually think the old Big Johnson's would be a perfect fit.

Big Johnson's isn't coming back so I think that's where it will be too. The only two other empty spaces at street level on Church St. between Carlton & Gloucester is the former Pizza Nova shop (they moved into the larger space next door where the laundromat used to be about a year & a half ago) & it's a pretty small store and where The Stag Shop used to be until they moved recently to where Reither's used to be which is even smaller.

The pizza is decent pizza there, it's just that the place is a dump and has been for as long as I can remember. Big Slice is fine too, they've been serving giant slices since at least 1985 however the food in general and the ambiance inside (if you stay) used to be a little better than it is now. I like the sauces that they use (Pizzaiolo too), none of that awful tinny tasting Pizza Pizza crap. In the end though it's just pizza. Bring authentic Chicago or New York pie to Toronto and watch the lineups grow.

Big Johnson's isn't coming back so I think that's where it will be too. The only two other empty spaces at street level on Church St. between Carlton & Gloucester is the former Pizza Nova shop (they moved into the larger space next door where the laundromat used to be about a year & a half ago) & it's a pretty small store and where The Stag Shop used to be until they moved recently to where Reither's used to be which is even smaller.

Xtra reports that the Big Johnson's space is planning to be re-opened as a bar + grill.

The only two other empty spaces at street level on Church St. between Carlton & Gloucester is the former Pizza Nova shop (they moved into the larger space next door where the laundromat used to be about a year & a half ago) & it's a pretty small store and where The Stag Shop used to be until they moved recently to where Reither's used to be which is even smaller.

either location and size should be sufficiently big for something that sells only poutine.

The old Pizza Nova spot should be sufficient. If a pizza place was able to operate out of there, than Smokes should have no problem.

I saw the lights on inside The Barn space last night, and a ladder in the window. Something going on with that spot?

Back