News   May 02, 2024
 498     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 301     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 268     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

Apparently the the Village Rainbow has (finally) closed.

What's wrong with The Village Rainbow? The food is fine for the price, the service is good and the patio is great in the summer.

I can't remember what the sign said on the Village Rainbow door, but it seemed to suggest reinvention AND renovation. Which is great news! I've never felt an iota of effort was ever put into this place. Horrible food, bad service and a prominent, yet lacklustre, patio.

Last edited:
I can't remember what the sign said on the Village Rainbow door, but it seemed to suggest reinvention AND renovation. Which is great news! I've never felt an iota of effort was ever put into this place. Horrible food, bad service and a prominent, yet lacklustre, patio.

I couldn't agree more - it is a great location but the food and the ambiance were frankly tacky for as long as I can remember- a wasted opportunity : we need a decent patio with decent food and drink. Will this be it?

I agree with the comments about the Village Rainbow. The few times I've gone there the food was very much sub-par (and that "par" is pretty low to begin with). This is a welcomed reno!

I agree with the comments about the Village Rainbow. The few times I've gone there the food was very much sub-par (and that "par" is pretty low to begin with). This is a welcomed reno!

sounds like a prime candidate for 'restaurant makeover'

But what of the curse?

it's the chicken and the egg argument, what came first.

did those restaurants go out of business because they were already in trouble and needed help;
or did 'restaurant makeover' cause them to go out of business?

i say the former with a bit of the latter.
the places were bad and food was mediocre, running on fumes, thus needed 'restaurant makeover'.
even after all that, habits die hard and some revert back to the old menu or get lazy cooking, etc.

also, if you're a struggling business and spend the tens of thousands of dollars, if you do well, it's worth it;
if you're doing bad, it just burns through the money quicker.

This is not exactly the correct thread, but its as close as I could find.

Does anyone know what's going on at Allan Gardens? I drove by on the weekend and there seems to be some construction activity near the south east corner. It looks like pylons are going up.

Thanks AoD.

I'm glad they aren't doing anything drastic to Allan Gardens.

It sucks that the staging area will be there for 3 years.

It also sucks that no requirements are put on the aesthetics of the hording, in such a prominent location. A construction company wouldn't get away with this in many European cities. The boards should be painted with images from the park.

Oh don't worry, it will be covered in graffiti art soon enough. Quotations around art are optional.

AoD

Real graffiti art would be a welcome addition.... however, my guess is that you're referring to untalented types painting their tags like dogs pissing on trees.

Back