499     4 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 840     0 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
Crowds outside Chick fil a today first opening day.
5506FD42-A860-4A56-AE72-C51957FCDFF7.jpeg

So why not boycott them all? Why pick and choose? when so many companies have bad values behind them, ( Marroitt.Sheraton, Hilton, Apple, Amazon, Nike , McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, RE/MAX Walmart, H&M...etc if i had to boycott every business with practices i disagreed with, i’d have nowhere to eat, no clothing to wear, no electronic devices and no hotels to stay in.
Hmm I think that might be besides the point. The fact is that some of those things (child labour, bad employee practices) are "baked" into capitalism and are far more pervasive across the board. I cant think of another fast food chain that supports anti gay organizations so actively or at all.

I have no problem with people singling out one company or another for that matter. People dont and shouldnt have to be "equally outraged" by everything. We dont have the energy for that. I think the protests are appropriate. I also am not going to demonize anyone for eating there. I will definitely go try it.

I'm glad the 519 organised a protest. People can eat there if they want, whatever, but I want them to know what their money is supporting. If they're okay with that, as a gay dude, I can't say i respect that decision, but it's theirs to make. Just like it's mine to not spend my money there. Personally, I'll just wait for Popeye's to bring their chicken sandwich here, or just go to Porchetta & Co or any of the other many places we have that sell chicken sandwiches but aren't funding conversion therapy programs.

I'm glad the 519 organised a protest. People can eat there if they want, whatever, but I want them to know what their money is supporting. If they're okay with that, as a gay dude, I can't say i respect that decision, but it's theirs to make. Just like it's mine to not spend my money there. Personally, I'll just wait for Popeye's to bring their chicken sandwich here, or just go to Porchetta & Co or any of the other many places we have that sell chicken sandwiches but aren't funding conversion therapy programs.
Popeye's already sells chicken sandwiches in Canada.

Even Tim Hortons of all restaurants sells chicken sandwiches.

Popeye's already sells chicken sandwiches in Canada.

Popeye's has a *new* chicken sandwich that recently debuted and has almost entirely sold out in the US. Said sandwich won't be in Canada for several months, if not longer.

Back