News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 568     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Cabbagetown

I always ignore the Newbies until they've got something intelligent to contribute.

Oh please sir, please let me know how much time must pass, before going on at length about what I had for breakfast is considered "intelligent" contribution. My point being...excactly what makes you think you are "entitled" to anything, while I am not, until you deem it so?

No really...where do you get this idea? I don't accept it...plain and simple.

When I go as a newcomer to a party of longtime friends I'd never start criticizing the points and opinions of those present until I'd at least learned the names of those present and got to know everyone.

Stupid analogy...but if I went to a party and the talk runs to strong political opinions, I certainly wouldn't feel my opinions are any less appropriate or legit than anyone else's. Which is why you don't bring up politics at friendly parties. But, this isn't a party...it's an anonymous internet chat forum.

I had a big rambling about everything wrong with this, but then I realized I was getting sucked in to the trolling game. No dice.

Still...

Yea "still". Like the Admiral, you say one thing....do another. Like Jefferson, a pair of hypocrites.

Mentioning Mr. Jefferson's race while dismissing his ideas in the way you have implies a connection between his race and the (perceived) uselessness of his ideas. This is blatantly racist, and offensive.

Oh god...I hope for your sake that was just a thoughtless lash-out. Mentioning he was white, among other things, was obviously in context to his privileged position at the time, that contribute to his hypocritical statement...how anybody could read into it that I implied that being white makes you more likely to have useless ideas is plain foolish.

I'd forget about the Newbie, he's trying to hijack the topic with such silliness.

Seriously...continuing to insult me without directly addressing me is not "ignoring". Talk all you want about what you ate...you won't hear a peep out of me....discuss strong political or social issues, and I might have an opinion, and if I feel like it...you WILL hear it....whether I'm a "newbie" or a "fogy".

@ freshcutgrass

First, you haven't said ONE THING about Cabbagetown. You jumped into a conversation in which no one was talking to you, and took it right off course; moreover, your tone was hostile from the beginning. Get out of this thread if you've nothing to contribute but diatribes and insults. Threadjacking and trolling are not appreciated around here.

Also, (and i can't stress this enough) LURK MOAR.
You seemingly have no idea as to the tone expected in this forum. It's not difficult for most people, I'm not sure why you've got such a problem.

you WILL hear it

Wrong.

You're on my "ignore" list now (congratulations, you're only the second person annoying enough to make it!), so I'll never hear you again. Sorry, troll. Game over.

Yes, i made a quick mention of going to Chew Chew's about a page before this.
It's much better than Johhny G's, and you still get 3 eggs with everything. The hollandaise sauce is exactly like the kind Mark and Spencer's makes in a jar. Which is to say, awesome.
And shredded potato hash browns? That ain't not bad, either.

I had "The Track Burger" at Chew Chew's last night, it was very good.

I had "The Track Burger" at Chew Chew's last night, it was very good.

Track Burger, eh? I've yet to try anything but the breakfast, but I'm sure I will, as it now seems to be the best bet in Cabbagetown for a grease based meal.

Maybe we should have a meet there sometime?

I've been to Chew Chew's four times now, once with my kids. It's a great place, nice and clean, excellent service, and prices high enough to keep out the shaky ladies (yes, call me elitist, but I don't need my kids to see some whino gibbering on about aliens to himself while smelling like a sewer) while competitive enough to attract a good crowd. When I went there for breakfast on Sunday I'd thought I was in the Beach, or Bloor West since the crowd looked great, regular folk, enjoying their breakfast.

your tone was hostile

Good god...you took one light-hearted stab at a quote from a dead president (albeit maybe mis-placed/timed in hindsight), and proceeded to completely demonize me without knowing a thing about me. And you're calling me hostile?

You and that other ambassador of crusty disposition can do whatever you like.

And yes, I entered the thread with every intention of adding conversation/fave pics of mine to it, as I was already discussing it in the Riverdale thread...but, I sense somehow the mood is gone.

....Anyway...
I have also visited Chew Chews, and dodgy murial aside, the place wasn't bad, I had the full English (so to speak) and have to agree that the Hash Browns were pretty damn good, the coffee wasn't all that great, but for the price it was okay.

I also liked the fact that it wasn't overly packed, and will be v local to my Flat(as and when its finally ready...)

today is clean up day in cabbagetown. it over in a hour and a half, though.

from http://cabbagetownnews.blogspot.com/

"Four drop-off spots, so use the one that’s convenient for you:
Amelia & Parliament
Carlton & Parliament
Spruce & Parliament
Ontario & Gerrard
This is your chance to get rid of the old bricks, broken furniture, bulky appliances, and stray litter that plugs up your lane and your neighbourhood. Please – no organics and no hazardous goods. Is there a limit? Nope, just clean out your area.
While checking for “hot spots†that need a lot of attention, we’ve noticed places where garbage has been dumped over the winter. This is the time to clean it up.
As you can see from our picture, people were very enthusiastic in 2007. This is just one of four drop-offs. By the end of the day, Cabbagetown was a lot cleaner. It'll be a challenge to repeat that success."

Glad that helped someone(i figured it was a long shot that anyone would read my post in time to make use of it).

I got rid of a metric f***load of stuff. Old magazines, a bike, old screen door, useless wood, etc. It was amazing to see how much was being tossed (i was at the Parliament and Carlton location). It was a very nice service to have, though. Without it, all that crap would have still been on my deck, and conceivably would have been forever.

from cabbagetownnews.blogspot.com

Updates on Parliament Street real estate
Two more good signs for Spring. Work is now underway at the old Town Grill site and at the former home of Chapter Eleven. In both cases, arrangements have been finalized. New businesses are planned in these sites. Stay tuned and you’ll find out more as soon as we do.

Still nothing on the former JavaVille location, though...

Updates on Parliament Street real estate
Two more good signs for Spring. Work is now underway at the old Town Grill site and at the former home of Chapter Eleven. In both cases, arrangements have been finalized. New businesses are planned in these sites. Stay tuned and you’ll find out more as soon as we do.

Still nothing on the former JavaVille location, though...

The Javaville building looks like such a dump. The location is too good to stay empty though...

The Starbucks building is going up slowly, but there's been some more activity as of late.

The Javaville building looks like such a dump. The location is too good to stay empty though...

The Starbucks building is going up slowly, but there's been some more activity as of late.

The Javaville is getting gutted upstairs. The Organic store adjacent to it now has a stairwell where there wasn't one before (leading directly out to Parliament). I'm surprised how long that location has been dormant.

The Starbucks is now at ground level. I really hope the materials used will be of good quality. I'll be able to take pics of it rising from my window, and hopefully i'll get off my ass and post them here (i've never posted images due to extreme laziness).

Back