News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

Thanks for the images ccckan, and welcome to UrbanToronto!

Which one is Connect? The shorter or the taller portion? I actually am beginning to like it, especially the view from the west (the park). Curious what it will look like with Fuzion attached. How many floors is that one?

Which one is Connect? The shorter or the taller portion? I actually am beginning to like it, especially the view from the west (the park). Curious what it will look like with Fuzion attached. How many floors is that one?

Connect is the shorter portion of the building. Fuzion is 15 stories i believe, i might be wrong, but that's what i heard.

30 September 2010:

dsc00761b.jpg

The building is not bad, though I would like to see more glass (instead of the grey panels). Lets hope they put it on turbo and no more delays. I've heard there will be new retail spaces and condos on the sales centre land, so that would be a plus. And then build some nice condos/retails replacing the BK plaza and the ugly city fleet building to complete the whole picture. :cool:

Does anybody know whats up with the "grey panels"? Project renders show that its suppose to be all glass. At first i thought those grey panels were just covers or stickers over the glass so it wouldn't get scratched and then removed after all work is done. If they are grey panels and not glass, its look really cheap and tacky. If anybody has any knowledge about these grey panels, please share.

Those panels are to stay grey... A lot of condos uses them nowadays, I guess to cut cost. The Monarch buildings by Liberty Village uses aqua/green ones... The renderings are "artist concept" or "conceptual" (they normally indicate somewhere under fine print), so it offens differ from actual product :(

The grey panels are spandrel sections and, for the most part, are made from opague glass. They are essentially fake windows hiding interior walls, mechanical systems, etc. I guess design a building that works on both the outside and inside is too difficult for many of these design factories.

Hmm...there's something I like about this one compared to the other recent additions to the Triangle. Has a certain integrity that the others lack.

looks like the shell is done... hope they can work on the inside faster... i'm on the 5th floor (connect condo) and has an occupancy date in april, i wonder if they will finish in time... n they were saying guaranteed 2010 occupancy b4 X(

The original Alsop project got scrapped, I believe when the project was sold to a different developer. When I went into the sales centre and asked what happened to the Alsop design the sales reps clammed up and nodded with forced smiles not saying anything. My ex almost talked me into buying into Westside lofts 6 years ago. Glad I had the sense to ignore herand bought into a Freed project instead.

Both of the 'Bridge' projects have become utter crap and look like they belong in a suburb of Shanghai.

Back