News   May 07, 2024
 431     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 389     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 882     3 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

Sorry for the quality of the photo, as it was hard to sneak this one in... It's from the scale model in the showroom.
ProjectEnd - I take it this is not the Alsop bridge you were refering to as it has no artistic value. Too bad they dropped it.

2769813918_6daee9bbf0_o.jpg

If they droped the bridge why are they still calling this condo development The Bridge?

Thanks for that shot CGM. I haven't been out to either the WESTside Lofts or Bridge sales offices so this news is disappointing.

Do you have any more pictures from that office?

Those were always part of the project. The Alsop's were meant to offset the 'ersatz' feel of the place.

The townhouses to the east were indeed always part of the plan. The Alsop project was for a tiny triagular plot of land at the west most part of the site. They decided to keep with the look of the rest of the project, even if it meant using a sledgehammer to fit a 'victorian' into the site. It's horrible.

If they droped the bridge why are they still calling this condo development The Bridge?

They are still constructing the bridge you see in that picture. But not the Alsop proposal. Alsop's work have a lot of artistic value as you can see from his presentation centre on the previous page.

Do you have any more pictures from that office?

No, it's all in one room and it's hard to take pictures. There is no model room, just the kitchen and bathroom material and finishes and floorplans. The scale model is also very small. But here is the latest photo of the site:

2769008765_d38013d0a8_o.jpg

i bought at bridge and am happy to see they're digging... however... we got a letter not too long ago saying they may or may not build a scaled down version of the building, but no news since then and no official news from them about construction starting. we've only noticed it since we live in the area and drive by every day.

it is a good deal, i believe... with queen w. and liberty village being hot spots, it's sandwiched right in between... also, the unit i bought was about $400/sq. foot, which is decent and lower than a lot of new units in the area.

finally... the actual promise of a bridge... amongst all our literature and documentation, i read some clause somewhere that said they might not actually build the bridge... HAHA.... i have to admit it would be pretty damn hilarious if they didn't build it... that's not why i bought it anyway... i liked the layout, the price, the neighbourhood. the building is a little basic, but whatever... it's fine.

finally... the actual promise of a bridge... amongst all our literature and documentation, i read some clause somewhere that said they might not actually build the bridge... HAHA.... i have to admit it would be pretty damn hilarious if they didn't build it... that's not why i bought it anyway... i liked the layout, the price, the neighbourhood. the building is a little basic, but whatever... it's fine.

It seems like CN controls all air space over the tracks and they dont like any plans that may infringe their territory.Look at all the red tape regarding the future pedestrian bridge at Cityplace.

so there is progress at the bridge.... better than what i expected!

here are some recent pics, shots maybe the best but here they are, they got a pretty big whole

Back