News   May 10, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1K     0 

Bloom Park Towns (55 Antibes, Menkes, 3s)

investican

Member Bio
Reaction score
Menkes purchased a parcel of land from the city 6 months ago for 16.500.000$

They put an application for 197 - 3 storey Townhomes

Application Number: 10 227202 NNY 10 OZ

I am in favor of this development. I wouldn't of liked to see any towers on this parcel for it is an internal street of many old apartment buildings and would seem out of place and wouldn't be as marketable (Sophia Condominiums)

I like the area. I'm glad another project is being done @ BnS.

Attachments

• 55 antibes.jpg
    55 antibes.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 917
I'm very suprised that the City is selling PUBLIC PARKLAND for development purposes, considering this site represents 1/2 the area of Antibes Park ... I sure hope the City has a parkland justification study to support this sales transaction ~ is this how Toronto gets its funding now, by selling City parks ??

I'm very suprised that the City is selling PUBLIC PARKLAND for development purposes, considering this site represents 1/2 the area of Antibes Park ... I sure hope the City has a parkland justification study to support this sales transaction ~ is this how Toronto gets its funding now, by selling City parks ??

The City deems what parks are viable and which aren't.
I used to live in one of the buildings on the street and I never saw anybody other than drunk kids using it at night. There are other factors they consider. But it still has a decent sized park and a large ravine.
They will probably justify it with the funding now and new developments giving a small portion for a park to hamper down some community concern.

Hopefully these towns will sport some refined modern design (still quite rare for Toronto townhouses) to complement the wonderful Forest Hills Towers nearby.

Hopefully these towns will sport some refined modern design (still quite rare for Toronto townhouses) to complement the wonderful Forest Hills Towers nearby.

It would be unfortunate to see some quasi-historicism given the strong modern design precedent of the Forest Hills.

Also, to passively accept the city selling off active public spaces without thorough public input and mechanisms for accountability is disconcerting. Thankfully, parks don't just get sold off at random for development. In this case, it was property that technically belonged to the TDSB.

yeah, a good thing the city can't sell off designated parks unless in such a case as NY Towers where it moved a bit to one side. Somewhat related, this month also has an application to designate the AGO parking lot as park space.

This was de facto parkland but not de jure parkland, and even then "parkland" is being very generous. It's a tower-in-the-park neighbourhood surrounded by ravines and cemeteries, so the loss of 'green space' (well, a field) will be trivial.

I wonder if the townhouses will be "luxury" townhouses starting at $699,000, which is what every townhouse built in Toronto seems to be. 200 townhouses would probably house as many people as 300 condo units, perhaps more considering every condo has a few units that tend to sit empty for periods and considering townhouses are more appealing to families. I like the idea of these townhouses but that site plan is wretched.

This was de facto parkland but not de jure parkland, and even then "parkland" is being very generous. It's a tower-in-the-park neighbourhood surrounded by ravines and cemeteries, so the loss of 'green space' (well, a field) will be trivial.

I wonder if the townhouses will be "luxury" townhouses starting at $699,000, which is what every townhouse built in Toronto seems to be. 200 townhouses would probably house as many people as 300 condo units, perhaps more considering every condo has a few units that tend to sit empty for periods and considering townhouses are more appealing to families. I like the idea of these townhouses but that site plan is wretched.

These townhomes are going to be typical builder grade. Probably 479K-529K price range.

Has anyone purchased a unit yet? The prices are pretty reasonable. However, the area seems a bit sketchy.

Back