Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

Midway was super fast everywhere. Security, baggage, everything was very quick. The L train in to town took just over 30mins to get to the loop, which is about what I expected. No Porter lounge in Midway though and I could swear that I heard they were putting one in/that it's in the works, but really its unnecessary because there's plenty in the airport to keep yourself busy for a while.

Also, on the Island there are two new upgraded gates. So there are now 4 operable gates and a 5th that can be used in rare situations. Right now construction has mainly involved temp structures that can be adapted later to fit the permanent building. It doesn't look like they're dig in the ground for at least a few months.

are the new barriers a rough outline of the new terminal site?

Midway is probably the way to go. O'Hare is allegedly responsible for 1/6 of the flight cancellations in the US. Just last night my flight was stuck in a two hour holding pattern as we circled aimlessly above northwestern Illinois waiting for ORD's single open runway to clear. Luckily my connecting flight to Toronto was itself three hours delayed, otherwise I would have spent the night there.

6 flights went out prior to 9am, and nothing went in or out until roughly 4:00-4:30. more than half of the flights out of YTZ were canceled. Some flights have been added tomorrow to service the passengers that couldn't get out today.

I don't know what things were like for AC and WJ but I'm sure it was a bit easier to manage things at the Island than at Pearson. In fact for a few hours there were no passengers on the island because the Porter call centre was able to contact passengers.

So what's the viability of Porter's ops at the island now that Blue22 looks set to be built?

So what's the viability of Porter's ops at the island now that Blue22 looks set to be built?
Can't see it will make much difference. For one they talking about starting service in late 2014 - back in 2003 they were talking about starting service in 2008. For another, it's no longer a 22-minute express train - it will also stop at Bloor and Lawrence. And finally, shaving a few minutes off the time to the airport, won't make any difference on the major issues at Pearson; the lengthy check-in times, delays, crowds, etc.

Most likley they will have to build an open air train station at YYZ due to the dirty diesel exaust fumes these trains will be delivering.What i cant understand is why would it take 5 years to build and inaugurate this express line when i believe 85% of the tracks are existing.

Most likley they will have to build an open air train station at YYZ due to the dirty diesel exaust fumes these trains will be delivering.
I think if we managed to build underground rail stations when we were using steam engines, we can find ways to do it now!

Though the point is moot - the stations is long-since designed, and the airport even built some of the support structures years ago while building new terminal 1. It is outdoors, alongside the existing Terminal 1 station.

Porter is giving away 15% with promo DISC15

Porter is offering 15% off its flights.

A flight attendant downtown gave me a card that has a promo code DISC15.

You can book up to MArch 9 with it for flights up to May 13 2009

Porter is offering 15% off its flights.

A flight attendant downtown gave me a card that has a promo code DISC15.

You can book up to MArch 9 with it for flights up to May 13 2009

Wow...I wonder what would happen if you used the code DISC99? ;)

hahha.

if only that worked. I just made a booking using the code. Has anyone flown with Porter in the past can give me some helpful tips?

I hear it is a painless procedure leaving from the island.

Back