Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

Any word on whether Porter is still planning to open routes to smaller centres in Ontario as per its earlier discussions? When Deluce and a Porter deputation arrived in Sault Ste. Marie ages ago, I understand the whole city practically wet itself.

And every time I have to pay increasingly extortionate Air Canada fares (I hear they just added another daily flight to the Sault, which makes six now, I think), I look imploringly at the Porter website, just in case...

Sir Novelty

I read something about the Sault this week, but it said that if Porter were to start service it would be when the next aircraft deliveries arrived in December.

ya Porter only has 6 planes right now and with the addition of Quebec City at the end of the month I think they've maxed out the number of destinations they can do with the current fleet. So it'll have to wait for new planes. I don't know factually what will be next, but I can't imagine Sault or anywhere in Northern Ontario would come before Boston or Chicago.

I flew Porter to Montreal for work this week, it was the first time I've had a chance to fly with them since November and the increase in ridership was very noticeable. Leaving on Monday morning the plane was completely full, compared to less than half when I took the same flight last fall. Coming back this afternoon there were only a few empty seats, it was probably 90% full. The service was great as always, and the convenience for a downtown resident such as myself is unbeatable.

I flew T.O to Ottawa and back. The return was full (and tons of luggage on board as well). It's so convenient.

Interestingly, I didn't use a cab at either end. TTC here and OC Transpo in Ottawa. I think I saved enough to cover the taxes at least on one leg of the trip.

So the whole thing was positive except the length of the Jersey Manhattan commute. I spent $80 getitng into NY and $90 getting out through insane Friday PM traffic.
Um what? Take the liberty express bus from newark right into manhattan for $15

I find newark MUCH more convienient than JFK.

Trains from Newark to Penn Station are convenient too

Shameless plugs for Toronto pseudo-celebs aside, if there's truth behind it it does look like yields are good on EWR, so Sault Ste. Marie might have to wait behind BOS, MDW and even DTW/DET for expansion services if Porter management see more money in cross-border service for aircraft #7-14, which in turn might dictate a need to get US Homeland Security to set up shop on the Island.

So much for the area residents proposal of turning the airport to the public

Promo Code: FMPC20

20% off PORTER flights Toronto to Quebec (and other select destinations).

I think they only have select destinations.

He's been flying with Porter for a long time now. Last winter when we had to delay his flight for a couple hours due to weather, I had the opportunity to chat with him for 10-15 minutes while we were waiting to board his flight. Very nice guy. We had one of those "oops, probably shouldn't have asked that question" moments when I told him i worked for the Province's Tourism Policy Department in the summer and he asked "For a summer job that pays pretty good doesn't it?" and I said, "well... it's minimum wage... but the experience was great!" The look on his face was great because we both knew he stepped into that one.

but anyways, I don't see what the big deal is about him flying Porter. His riding is in Ottawa and he's based in downtown Toronto, so it's perfect for him. We get tons of current and former politicians, and its reached the point where seeing Dion grabbed a cookie in the lounge is nothing to look twice at.

Back