Beyond the Sea Condos (Empire Communities) - Real Estate -

Not really it's a developers reputation.

Developers build to code. Nowadays the large majority of buildings are built the same way regardless of reputation. Thompson had so many problems at the beginning. Things are much better now.

True but from a renters perspective, paying such a premium you'd expect things to run somewhat smoothly. This building has too many problems that I doubt will all be remedied.

True but from a renters perspective, paying such a premium you'd expect things to run somewhat smoothly. This building has too many problems that I doubt will all be remedied.

Landlords should ease up on the rent when leasing newly built or under construction condos. The thing is not even fully functional and they want an arm and a leg.

Landlords should ease up on the rent when leasing newly built or under construction condos. The thing is not even fully functional and they want an arm and a leg.

Yeah. With a whopping 78 units currently for rent there, it appears rents are indeed lower than buildings that are around there.

There's also 86 units currently for sale.... wow.

I will say this. A lot of the complaints in this thread happen in most new condos. They should be rectified soon once there's a proper board in place and the building is completely finished. The poop in the building issue I've seen in so many other projects. You can't really run from assholes. They're everywhere.

You're exactly right, every brand new condo has growing pains. Things start to get better once a board is elected. The unfortunate thing is, many new residents (and mostly those that haven't ever lived in a condo) are keen on complaining about everything. I've been in many new condo builds and it's all the same (ringing of fire alarms, garage doors breaking down, elevators breaking down, poo and pee from pets here and there) - it's nothing new. If I can make a suggestion to those living in brand new condos, make your voice heard. As residents, you can make positive changes in your building(s), but only if you voice your concerns. Once your board is elected, there should be a suggestion box available to all residents. The board will look into suggestions and attempt to rectify any issues that exist within the building. The bottom line is, it'll take 1-2 years for things to start running smoothly - it's a painful process, but give it some time.

Yeah. With a whopping 78 units currently for rent there, it appears rents are indeed lower than buildings that are around there.

There's also 86 units currently for sale.... wow.

this is not good for resale value....are you sure about the figures honestly I thought this project be a good one since it does have a amazing views.

this is not good for resale value....are you sure about the figures honestly I thought this project be a good one since it does have a amazing views.

I just looked it up on the mls at the moment I wrote that. I mean some of them could technically be sold/rented and not off the mls yet but not that many...

I looked at one in there to buy in November. The view was breathtaking indeed, however, it was the finishes in the unit and just the building in general that let me down. Perhaps like cruzin said, it's just growing pains and things will improve after a year or two.

I just looked it up on the mls at the moment I wrote that. I mean some of them could technically be sold/rented and not off the mls yet but not that many...

I looked at one in there to buy in November. The view was breathtaking indeed, however, it was the finishes in the unit and just the building in general that let me down. Perhaps like cruzin said, it's just growing pains and things will improve after a year or two.

Have you found a place?

I am currently living around the corner at The Tides (Legion RD N). Am in the market to move to a bigger unit as I currently have a 450sq foot condo and have been here about 6 years. I really love the building I am in, its well maintained, very clean, etc but I cant find any units that fit our needs.

I recently looked at a unit in beyond the sea and while I really liked the unit I noticed things like the carpet in the hallways werent the cleanest, just minor details that made me think twice. Are many of the problems listed in this thread still present a year later? Can anyone living in the building (2230 Lakeshore) give me an idea of what its like? The maintenance fees seem a bit higher than some of the buildings surrounding it so I sort of expected a bit more.

Back