Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

As someone who has had both services..

Bell > Rogers especially where HD is concerned. Picture quality is miles better.

As someone who has had both services ...
Rogers admits their mistakes much more readily and fixes them faster, especially when it comes to billing. I left Bell almost three years ago and apparently have an 8 cent credit (after fighting with them for months over my final bill). They send me a statement every month. :rolleyes:

It's a toss-up.

For anyone moved in already, did all of your PDI items get fixed before you were handed the keys? Just curious as I move in tomorrow.

On a closing note, my lawyer said she's never been this impressed with a developer before.

For those of you who have had appraisals done for your mortgages, have your appraisals come in over or under the purchase price and by what margin?

Had my PDI today and was impressed overall with the building and the unit itself. Customer service continues to exceed expectations.

Positives:
- overall, a very quality project
- internal closet doors are of high quality
- kitchen appliances/finishes were spectacular
- the unit was in great shape for the most part
- common elements looked sharp, not a huge fan of the lack of privacy the party room has as it relates to the main entrance
- tile work in bathrooms and kitchen was done by a pro
- balcony size surpassed my expectations
- pot lights were a nice touch
- love the master switch, controlling all lights in the unit ex-washrooms
- what's not to continue to love about this location?!

Negatives:
- the gym overlooking the courtyard... nothing like sitting outside and watching people work the treadmills!
- passing a garbage disposal and common washroom next to the lobby en route to the elevators
- bulkheads must've comprised over 50% of the ceiling, eliminating the effect 9' ceilings tend to have... including lack of floor-to-ceiling windows
- 3-door garage system
- 8-hour concierge remains a major issue considering high traffic location
- the dual doors leading to the balcony
- bathrooms lacked lighting
- the main hallways appear to be quite dated (I still can't get over those wall mounted lights by the elevators on the main floor), lacking the urban design elements I've come to appreciate/expect in new builds downtown
- choice of exterior doors would be more of a concern if I didn't have the grey colour package

For those of you who have had appraisals done for your mortgages, have your appraisals come in over or under the purchase price and by what margin?

I have my PDI today and appraisal walk through at the same time. I would be interested as well as to what has been the results to date.

I completed my PDI yesterday. The quality was pretty good but I would have to say that there was less obvious issues with Context at Market Wharf. Perhaps Concert/Bird Co. and subs are getting a little stressed in completing the work each week as time goes on. Our kitchen hood fan was vibrating badly, the undercounter lights in the kitchen did not work, bathtub severely scratched - obvious stuff like that which should have been picked up before we stepped in the door.

A common element issue I observed was the fact that the main garbage chute is a tri-sorter in lieu of three individual chutes. Too bad because that design is bad for operations as the ramp at the bottom of those chutes always fails and shuts down the whole system.

Pics to follow.

We have a tri-sorter in our building. When we have issues with it, it's because someone has tried stuffing something too big down the chute. Otherwise, it's worked quite well.

We have a tri-sorter in our building. When we have issues with it, it's because someone has tried stuffing something too big down the chute. Otherwise, it's worked quite well.

I lived in a condo at 388 Richmond St W for about 5 years. We had a tri-sorter, and it was working for maybe 2 or 3 months total while I lived there. I'm not saying that they can't work, but they sure as hell didn't work for us.

I was worried about it because I'd heard of other buildings where it was problematic. We've had ours for 2 1/2 years and touch wood, it's been ok so far.

Here are some pics from my PDI. It's a 2 bed 2 bath 800 sqft. C1 with a terrace facing east. The view is a bit meh, but there is some privacy and light pollution will be minimal. The terrace looked a bit smaller too than I anticipated in width.

You'll notice that there is no frosting on the glass screens yet (they missed that) for the 2nd bedroom. I have also deleted closet doors so that I can accommodate some built-ins to maximize space. As you can see from the kitchen, there is also a desperate need for some additional storage and potentially an island for counter space. I think an island would work well in the space. It's a light pallete with all the windows, but I like it.

u54a.jpg

owt1.jpg

lpoo.jpg

9wul.jpg

43hz.jpg

7qzk.jpg

nj5c.jpg

4pox.jpg

75xj.jpg

Back