News   May 01, 2024
 86     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 2.3K     5 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

very cool pics..especially that last one. makes Scotia look really good. BA is bland as I have said all along..but you are right Tricky...it does add density and adds to the ensemble. I think though in 2008 we were hoping for more given what is happening in the rest of the world.

It's a generic all-glass office tower. I don't know what people were expecting from it.

People were expecting a more interesting design from the beginning. At least this tower has a quality glass. It looks like today's towers have a higher gloss glass which isn't as heavily tinted. So they're displaying progress in glass. That's respectably modernist.

As long as we don't see too many more similar structures, this one is fine.

The next phase which is the 45 story office tower looks identical to its bigger brother,dont know much on the design of the 3rd tower which is to be a 40-45 story condo,hopefully they can increase the height to around 200 meters.

There's no way the north tower will be taller. No shadows on Nathan Phillips Square means it will be shorter than this one.

There's no way the north tower will be taller. No shadows on Nathan Phillips Square means it will be shorter than this one.

How is it that the former 300 meter Stinson development which was closer to Nathan Phillips Sq. would have to be downsized to aprox. 55-60 story 220 meters to get approval and avoid shadowing.I still think that a 200 meter point tower in this location is far enough to not cause any shadowing.

Boy they like to spend a lot of time repeating themselves, finding 5 ways to say the same thing.

Still, fun to see, but edit people, edit!

that video is a good find! unfortunately it seems to stall out for me about 5 minutes in...

It stalled for me too, and then eventually picked up again without sound.

edit -- I ran it twice, both times it cut off at "we're up to forty-five..." about five minutes into the broadcast.

Today from University avenue:

2785469112_c874c72948_b.jpg

Back