News   Jun 05, 2024
 219     0 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 477     1 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 1.8K     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I'm with you on that one Jarrek, however there seems to be an extraordinary amount of backlash towards this project.

BA's contribution to the Toronto skyline exceeded my expectations. From various viewpoints around the city, BA adequately fills in the northern gap of Toronto's central core.

Sure it may be an architectural blunder, but it is appropriate for what this city needs at the very moment, which is greater densification of the downtown.

If it had been taller I wonder how it would have effected how Trump will be seen???

They are going to be so close it might seem from some views to be one building.

August 12

From Queen West.
2757986842_22ea3d0f8c_b.jpg

August 11
2757986870_7d9ff03890_b.jpg

From FCP on August 11 before the west forms were removed.
2757986892_897e62e25f_b.jpg

I'm with you on that one Jarrek, however there seems to be an extraordinary amount of backlash towards this project.

Sure it may be an architectural blunder,
Really?

It's a little disappointing in stature and the design is kind of bland, but was anyone really opposed to this development? I honestly didn't get that impression. If opposition exists, it's far from extraordinary based on reactions to TLS, 1BE, 1KW, Trump, RoCP, OCAD, Pure Spirit, etc.

So, does anyone know if the top of the concrete core will be the final finished height or will the steel frame and cladding continue slightly higher to hide the mechanicals?

So, does anyone know if the top of the concrete core will be the final finished height or will the steel frame and cladding continue slightly higher to hide the mechanicals?

I was wondering the same thing too, if they were to hide the mechanicals it would probably add another storey or two in appearance.

PHP:
It's bland, but hardly a blunder. Toronto Life Square is much more deserving of that as Grey mentioned. That, or 50 Gerrard East:

Well maybe the word "blunder" was a tad too harsh. Architecturally, BA was a disappointment, however I personally like how well it fits in with the surrounding area. To me it soars elegantly.

PHP:
It's bland, but hardly a blunder. Toronto Life Square is much more deserving of that as Grey mentioned. That, or 50 Gerrard East:

Well maybe the word "blunder" was a tad too harsh. Architecturally, BA was a disappointment, however I personally like how well it fits in with the surrounding area. To me it soars elegantly.
Your attempt to quote junctionist's post -- now there's a blunder ;)

I don't think it's a blunder, more of a missed opportunity from conception. It seems to me that from observing up close and from afar, it appears to faithfully resemble the renders so I can't say it's a disappointment there. In the end, it'll disappear from our consciousness in a couple of years and pretty much be forgotten.
The positive aspects of BA phase 1 is a million+ square feet of LEED Gold rentable office space in the city centre plus the glass is nice and it'll look even better once it's been washed for the first time.

Back