News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 581     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

no man, i was thinking that too...is it necessary or a waste of space? seems like a waste to me, just build the core smaller and put some support columns down.

Is it just me or does the core seem huge relative to the overall floorplate of the building?

Yeah it does, but look at the bright side, this building will have an extremely nice profile. Tall and Slim.

no man, i was thinking that too...is it necessary or a waste of space? seems like a waste to me, just build the core smaller and put some support columns down.

I think they wanted to keep the floorplan open concept.

The elevator core should get smaller somewhere in the mid point or at the 1/3rd and 2/3rd height level as all elevators don't need to go all the way to the top.

Let's just hope that the economy doesn't crash all of a sudden. Then we could be left with Stump version 2.

They never waste space when they build these things.

The architects and engineers that design these buildings all have degrees; lawyers work on behalf of developers to get every square inch of buildable space the city (or OMB) will allow; real estate brokers make a commission on every square foot they are able to lease.

It's not a bunch of kids building this city.

Is this the start of the steel framework?

BAscreenshot2.jpg

Bill

Today that rectangle was moved up, and is now aligned with the steel posts anchored to the concrete core:

BA2.jpg

It sure looks to me like this is the start of the steel framework. From the image, the construction workers could not begin attaching steel to the core until the pouring framework was bumped up to its current level, to allow room for the two-story rectangles to be attached (since the podium level is triple height).

Bill

Back