News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 568     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

man, that is some first rate comedy above! I am laughing my ass off....

hmm, I think someone owns stock in the steel industry!

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to keep the vibe of the thread going.

When the steel framing goes up on Bay Adelaide, all you guys will be in "shock and awe". And the only conspiricy you'll be thinking about is the one that keeps steelframe structures from going up in Toronto on a regular basis, when most of the world's best and tallest skyscrapers in New York, Chicago and Hong Kong are constructed with steel.

I know... quite a few of these threads have just devolved into comedy and sarcasm. I like the entertainment, but we are here for a purpose I suppose.

I wonder if climatic concerns play any part in it... though I would imagine Chicago's climate is quite similar to here. There's a really great article on reinforced concrete construction on wikipedia if anyone is bored...

oh the sarcasm in these threads kills me man.

We should set up a comedy thread for everyone who wants to make amateur night at yuk yuk's or the laugh resort.

Construction focus still appears to be on concrete

pumpconcrete trucks all around the site here

concretebayadelaidehf8.jpg

They've been pouring concrete every Friday and/or Saturday for the past three to four weeks now. The core is rising at a floor a week like clockwork now. So I guess by this time next year it should be topped out.

I wonder how much of a head start the core will have. In Chicago there is one building u/c where the core got to like 12+ stories before the steel started rising.

Looks kind of funny with those pumping booms stretching up from the ground... it won't be long before it's too tall for them to reach.

Redroom Studios is either being sarcastic, or genuinely thinks that the WTC attacks were faked, orchestrated by the US government. There are people who do think this -- often the same people who think that the US moon landings were also faked. In an attempt to remain civil, I will refrain from commenting on this "theory".

Bill

I guess it doesn't help when the owner of the WTC admits to PBS that WTC7 was "pulled"... that being said, unless you have a bunch of idiots running into a supposedly burning building to place detonation charges, how else can that building be "pulled" only hours after WTC 1 & 2 if it wasn't pre-wired ?

that makes it a possibility, not a theory
:eek:

Though I clearly believe the towers were brought down by terrorist-hijacked aircraft, people would have made the same dismissive comments about suggestions that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was fake or that Roosevelt knew Pearl Harbour was coming...

But you can understand why people could be suspicious of what happened on 9/11....

Bush got what he wanted out of it

at the time of this post, this thread and the trump thread had the same number of posts, but BA had more views.

and trump hasnt even started building yet.

Trump was supposed to be the tallest, now it's not.

That's why it generated so much interest in the beginning. Watch as Bay Adelaide gets taller the interest in Trump will start to fade. Especially if they don't even move earth before the end of this year.

Back