News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I think that KPMG's logo is a partiucuarly boring one (unlike, for instance, the Bank of America logo which I have alway though looks sharp against the dark blue of Simcoe Place). It will also take away from the relatively clean look of the tower - similar to how CIBC butchered Commerce Court West with their logo a few years ago. Bah.

Actually, I think the logo will work. A small white KMPG logo on the top corner is fairly inoffensive, and would work a lot better than a giant "RBC Dexia" logo of equivalent size.

For reference:

KPMG391.jpg

KPMG São Paulo

It looks very 1990s clipart. The letters 'KBMG' by themselves as seen on their São Paulo building are generally unremarkable, but not offensive. A perfect fit for B/A.

Damn, no antenna.. This tower screams "give me a g'damned antenna!"
Alas, WZMH are not known for applying antennas to their buildings, so we can probably assume that if anything, some decades down the road they will install a bunch of hulking 60's triangular home tv reception antennas, akin to that on the FCP...

p5

Damn, no antenna.. This tower screams "give me a g'damned antenna!"
Alas, WZMH are not known for applying antennas to their buildings, so we can probably assume that if anything, some decades down the road they will install a bunch of hulking 60's triangular home tv reception antennas, akin to that on the FCP...

p5

Got that right!

pudong3.jpg

aspect1030.jpg

cntower.JPG

kveca1463p.jpg

I think that the name will officialy stay Bay-Adelaide Centre. Even if they rename it KPMG Plaza/Centre/Tower, I'm pretty sure most will refer to it as BA centre.I think a simple white KPMG logo would be quite inoffensive to the tower, and would rather suit it. Regarding the fins, I am really glad they lowered them, because now the building is a solid object, if you know what I mean. They do scream "make us taller" even more now, but we'll all get used to it =P.

Back