News   May 02, 2024
 375     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 173     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 233     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

without 13 ( 47 in this case equals 46.)

4 more floors to go!!!

BTW: incase anyone was wondering, the photo I posted from Rahim on flickr looks to be at least 1 and a half weeks old.

I now work at the Department of Justice, on the 34th floor of the Exchange Tower, and from the research desk I can see BA go up right behind FCP. It's pretty fascinating to watch, and make no mistake, BA is BIG and has quite the footprint. *Maybe* one day I'll bring my camera. And is FCP ever pockmarked, reminds me of Edward James Olmos in Bladerunner.

BR_Gaff_Is_Enigmatic.jpg

So - from the new stacking plan we learn that the building is 50 stories, not 51 (plus whatever mechanical space). There probably never was a change - it was just this society's idiotic fixation with 13 being 'bad luck' that prompted the standard renumbering.

There never was a 13th floor, they did actually add a floor at one point in the planning. I agree that skipping the 13th floor is silly.

So - from the new stacking plan we learn that the building is 50 stories, not 51 (plus whatever mechanical space). There probably never was a change - it was just this society's idiotic fixation with 13 being 'bad luck' that prompted the standard renumbering.

Those fools on the 14th floor, they'll never realize that they're actually the real 13!!!

Thanks for sharing, that last pic is awesome. It quite slender there. I love the effect the construction elevators have on that side. Makes me wish they hadn't dropped the lighting component that was originally planned.

Back