News   May 14, 2024
 651     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 424     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 477     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Quite a lot has been done with the steel frame since yesterday (and it's still morning):

2008-01-05.jpg

Bill

The external form of the building taking shape now.... (around the base)

It's not to hard to imagine this one with the steel framing up a few more floors.....

Edit:

Also looks like more fiberglass winter protection is being added to the lower level floors.... Installation seems to be progressing nominally.

It looks to me (by counting the existing 'floors') that the core has already reached the first set-back. I would expect that the next bump will start to reveal the narrowing of the core.

Bill

Keep in mind that while the elevator only runs up to 14 you'd still need a couple of floors of shaft above that to give room for the elevator's mechanical box.

^^I just don't see the need for the weather covering-seems somewhat like a waste of material and time. Then again, I am not the one working on the project.

p5

Well, I guess it makes sense when you consider they still have to work through this winter, and the 2008-2009 winter as well.

If this system rises with the building, I suppose it could improve worker productivity.

i would imagine the temporary walls have something to do with the fact that the lobby won't be properly enclosed until the original facades are reconstructed, which may not happen for some time. the upper floors are a different story, as soon as the exterior windows are installed the floor is protected from the elements

Back