News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 350     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 361     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

i am amazed that DC has the third highest office space considering it has a height restriciton of ten floors. having been there many times, i just can't picture it...how many ten storey buildings would make up all of toronto's towers.
i could do the math but...math is hard.
You don't need a lot of height to get a lot of density - Washtington's a good example of that. I haven't been there since I was about 13 so I don't remember first hand, but I've heard that the 10-storey core extends over a pretty big area. It's a major city and being the capital doesn't hurt.

Are you sure this is just the CBD's? I'm thinking these numbers are for the entire city and burbs.

If it were just the CBD I'm willing to wager that Houston has significantly more office space than TO.
Not even close. Houston has 35,567,000 square feet of space in its downtown, compared to Toronto's 74 million. I think the original source from that thread was the dreaded Demographia.

current on SSC posted this:

Photos taken December 8th Looking west and south. The small Trump site is where the green billboard is located.

2096951570_9cacc19423_b.jpg

The southeast corner of the tower looking north.

2096951556_353584464f_b.jpg

Northwest corner of the tower looking south.

2096951562_85928d7c76_b.jpg

^Quick, look at this while you can, before it is struck from the record in the name of all things pertaining to assumed high respectability!

what's so respectable about architecture?
anyone who thinks architecture has nothing to do with sex is...just...
sometimes a cigar is...the empire state building.

I really think the glass will make this building. It might look surprisingly good if they keep the kind of glass they were using in those ground floor renderings.

Looks like they adjusted it a bit as it looks like we can now see more of the Trump site. Perhaps they'll keep pushing it back so the full tower remains in view once the building tops off.

It's massive already.... it just looks huge. After looking at the RBC Centre thread, this thing looks like we're putting up our own World Trade Centre! holy shmoley!

It's massive already.... it just looks huge. After looking at the RBC Centre thread, this thing looks like we're putting up our own World Trade Centre! holy shmoley!

Yeah, I was driving on Temperance St. the other day and I almost hit the barrier because I was looking up. To hear that its only 20% is almost unbelievable!

I love this tower. 20% up say 11 floors out of 51 ( I'm pretty sure the form itself is up at around 12 or 13 storeys)

to be exact I guess it's equal to 21.5686274%

Back