News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 899     0 

Aviation in Ontario

That's right, Rob. I totally forgot about Dini Petty and the pink chopper!

Something else I forgot was what it was like to take photos in sunny weather! I captured EK242 passing through 5600 feet over Erin Mills today about two minutes after a YYZ runway 23 takeoff this afternoon.
View attachment 533471
Dini started flying / reporting in 1967. By the time I started flying helicopters in 1975, she had moved on and been replaced by Dianne Pepper.

Helicopter pilots were a small community and we all knew each other. Dini came back to fill in when Dianne was on vacation and because her licence had lapsed, I was her traffic report pilot a couple of times. She was quite nice, but always late. 😆

Dianne eventually got checked out on the Bell 212 and was Canada's first female EMS helicopter pilot.

Dianne Pepper

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 4.58.33 PM.jpg

Dini started flying / reporting in 1967. By the time I started flying helicopters in 1975, she had moved on and been replaced by Dianne Pepper.

Helicopter pilots were a small community and we all knew each other. Dini came back to fill in when Dianne was on vacation and because her licence had lapsed, I was her traffic report pilot a couple of times. She was quite nice, but always late. 😆

Dianne eventually got checked out on the Bell 212 and was Canada's first female EMS helicopter pilot.

Dianne Pepper

View attachment 533480
That's a great bit of GTA history there, Rob. Fantastic!

Beauty photos of that old Delta 727-200. Great shots of the flight deck! This old bird has seen better days. One thrust lever is gone but otherwise it seems to be a relatively complete cockpit. They really should close the FO window though.

Back