News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Average Utility Costs 2010 in GTA

zaindo

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is quite a lot of information already on the forum however wanted to see if users on the forum can share their average monthly utility bills. We are thinking of buying a house and were wondering what are the average costs of utilities for a family of 3 living in or around GTA etc. trying to live conservatively (as much as possible). I understand this would vary dependent on usage and the size of family, however the numbers would certainly be useful.

Family size: X people

Average monthly costs of

Gas
Hydro
Sewerage
Garbage disposal
Water
Insurance
Security Alarm protection
House Insurance

Feel free to add if i haven't counted everything above. I am not including internet or phone as thats pretty much standard based on plans etc. The total (average / estimated) cost of all utilities will certainly help one understand the real cost of ownership besides just the mortgage monthly payments and cmhc.

Thanks all.

Cheers.

Cue the music:

One eight six six twenty-four seven for/four nine ninety-nine.

I wonder why so many people pay $30 a month for a security alarm, when after 3 years the alarm is yours. You can switch to a $9.99 plan after that. Or if you buy the alarm outright, it's $9.99/mo right from the start.

P.S. My last gas bill was almost $1000 for one month... cuz they misread my meter.

Last edited:

Back