Aura at College Park Condos (Canderel Stoneridge) - Real Estate -

Make sure you check out the finish on the balcony floor. Also check the hardware around the kitchen area carefully. Ours was loose and crooked, If we had not felt it, we may not have noticed.

Thanks. PDI went well without many major issues. The unit does seem smaller than expected and the unit comes with a balcony which is a surprise (floor plan in the sales material does not indicate that there is a balcony).

Make sure you check out the finish on the balcony floor. Also check the hardware around the kitchen area carefully. Ours was loose and crooked, If we had not felt it, we may not have noticed.

Also, there is something called '30 day list' -- after you move in.

I live in CP1. My experience with Canderel 'client services' is very positive. After moving in, I found that toilet roll holder in one of the bathrooms was small. I had to force roll in the holder. Within a few days after noitification, the holder was replaced.

Perhaps, you might wish to talk to the customer service representative. He/she might wish to see a list of any deficiencies as you come across rather than wait for 30-day period.

By the way, how far is your occupancy date?

Already made a list with the CSR on inspection. Occ. is scheduled for Aug. 19.

Already made a list with the CSR on inspection. Occ. is scheduled for Aug. 19.

Wish you a happy stay. After you have settled in, let us know as to how it feels to be living in soon to be the tallest condo in Canada and that too in the heart of the city where all the action is.

Hi everyone, I am new to town from Vancouver. I am told Aura is a good residence for downtown life. Is there anyone who wants to sell your assignment? Pls email me mazhiye.ca@gmail.com. Thank you.

I was told by the builder that the first bank of elevators goes to floor 31, which is where the first group of occupants will be able to live, likely all in August. It's the floors above 31 that will have delayed occupancy due to the elevator strike that slowed down the progress for the remaining floor levels.

Anyone else get cold called yesterday from a Laurie from "Rogers"?

Normally I don't care about people having my personal info unless I've volunteered it and I know they have it but she called saying she was from Rogers and told me I can get all 3 services (internet, tv and home phone) free for 6 months, and knew I was moving in. She didn't know if there was any offer from Bell (which there is, probably exact same offer or close to, getting info on the deal sent to me from Aura offices) and said if I called Rogers directly I wouldn't get this deal.

She then told me my current address and asked me to verify if it was correct, and that's where I stopped and asked her what the exact name of the company she worked for. She didn't understand my question and kept repeating she worked for Rogers. I got her name and phone number and told her I'd call her back if I wanted the deal.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this, and I can probably get a better deal calling Rogers directly since I'm already a customer. Anyone else feel this is borderline sketchy or is this just the way things work now? Thing that bothers me is that Aura didn't tell me this was going to happen until I called their office to double check.

(I starting to sound more like my paranoid parents)

If you had gone to the Welcome Briefing that Aura had at the Delta Chelsea, you would have heard about it. Rogers was there and told us about the offer. Yes, it's ligit.

If you had gone to the Welcome Briefing that Aura had at the Delta Chelsea, you would have heard about it. Rogers was there and told us about the offer. Yes, it's ligit.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was probably out of town working.

On a side note, I got my keys today and some pretty interesting things with my unit

- One of the glass panes on my balcony is shattered, called property management and she said there have been other glass panes reported and someone is fixing them
- Cigarette butts on my balcony
- All around the interior windows is dirty, and what looks like rust, can't tell though because it's too high to see clearly
- Poo stains on the inside of my toilet (I get that contractors need to go, but at least clean up after yourself so that I don't know you've been in there...)
- and things that still weren't fixed from the initial PDI
- wish my locker was on the same floor though, I'm on the 11th and have to go all the way down to P5 (at least it's not a half height locker)

Thanks for clearing that up, I was probably out of town working.

On a side note, I got my keys today and some pretty interesting things with my unit

- One of the glass panes on my balcony is shattered, called property management and she said there have been other glass panes reported and someone is fixing them
- Cigarette butts on my balcony
- All around the interior windows is dirty, and what looks like rust, can't tell though because it's too high to see clearly
- Poo stains on the inside of my toilet (I get that contractors need to go, but at least clean up after yourself so that I don't know you've been in there...)
- and things that still weren't fixed from the initial PDI
- wish my locker was on the same floor though, I'm on the 11th and have to go all the way down to P5 (at least it's not a half height locker)

Thanks for the update on your first day of occupancy! Just wondering what access points the builder is allowing you to use to get to your suite... I'm not really seeing any people going in or out of the building on either the ground floor or the P1 access level.

Thanks for the update on your first day of occupancy! Just wondering what access points the builder is allowing you to use to get to your suite... I'm not really seeing any people going in or out of the building on either the ground floor or the P1 access level.

I went at 3pm and I didn't bump into anyone on my floor, maybe because it was the first day who knows. I accessed the building using the P1 doors.

I went at 3pm and I didn't bump into anyone on my floor, maybe because it was the first day who knows. I accessed the building using the P1 doors.

The whole building still seems so rough that I can't imagine people really even moving in yet. The lobby entrance off Gerrard looks unusable, and I don't see a loading dock yet, so I figured (hopefully) that people can at least access the underground garage to move items up the elevator from the underground parking.

I'm guessing that even though many people will soon have keys, there will be a lot of people waiting on actually moving into the building until the time it doesn't look like a total construction zone.

Back