News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 299     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 846     0 

At what point do you place the "heart of the city"?

The heart of the city is at

• City Hall

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Yonge and Dundas

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • King and Bay

• Yonge and Bloor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhere else

• Total voters

King of Kensington

Member Bio
Reaction score
What marker do you use when you want to measure distance from downtown Toronto or consider the absolute epicenter of the city? Is it City Hall? Yonge and Dundas, the destination for many when they "go downtown"? The financial district at King and Bay? The busiest TTC station and "main intersection" of Yonge and Bloor?

I usually stick with "Toronto, ON" when using Google Maps which is where City Hall is. That works for me.

There's no one definitive answer but as far as Google Maps go, I use "Toronto, ON" too, which essentially does put you right at City Hall. That said, I don't necessarily define that as the unequivocal heart of the city though.

There's no one definitive answer but as far as Google Maps go, I use "Toronto, ON" too, which essentially does put you right at City Hall. That said, I don't necessarily define that as the unequivocal heart of the city though.

Usually the City Hall is a good marker but not always. Vancouver's City Hall isn't downtown for example and there I think the Vancouver Art Gallery is a better one.

Back