News   May 03, 2024
 887     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 549     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 267     0 

Another TTC horror story... (w/ video)

45 minutes for a streetcar on Spadina? You have got to be exaggerating. I've never, ever had to wait that long for a surface vehicle, not once (on the TTC at least, Mississauga's another story).

No, I'm not exaggerating...I used a stopwatch, too. Maybe there was an accident or construction or something.

I've had to wait longer for buses...over an hour in the rain for a Steeles bus, once, and once more for 80 minutes in a bus shelter. I've had to wait 45+ minutes for a surface TTC vehicle probably...50 times? Many of these waits could have been avoided by taking alternate/parallel routes, but only because hindsight is 20/20.

Dude, what routes are you taking? Do the buses only come one every half an hour?

Waits of over 20 minutes for me are pretty much a thing of the past (except for downtown streetcar routes) now that the Steeles bus' service has finally been improved to every 15 minutes till 2:15am (yet the buses still leave the station full). Yes, the other routes I used to take were every 20-30 minutes or worse (the one hour wait for the last 21 bus at 11:00 was particularly nasty) and since buses are late due to snow or break down sometimes, 45 minute waits were always possible. The waits for Steeles buses would be bad because the crowds are often so big you're not guaranteed to get on the next one at all, meaning waits of up to an hour (a few times this has happened; other people phoned relatives for rides or took other routes, sometimes I'd take Finch instead which meant walking 1.8km home). The 80 minute waits were shortly after the TTC claimed to offer 30 minute/24 hour service on Steeles - they neglected to tell people that service stops for 80 minutes around 5am and twice I found myself stuck and not wanting to spend $30 on a taxi.

Back