3.7K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.6K     3 

Annex retail

Just_Chris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Update on retail in the Annex:

-the new Sobey's "urban fresh" opens on Wednesday. I'm happy as for me it will mean a little more variety. Though the existing Dominion is under renovation, and it's greatly improved already. It has a greater variety of food than before. The new Sobey's will not be open 24 hours like most are, but will close at 11pm. This space used to hold a Blockbuster Video, so it's small for a grocer.

-A new "Italian non-fat frozen yogurt" place will soon open in the space that used to house a family-owned convenience store and dry cleaners (the family owned the two neighboring shops).

-For months and months and months there was a sign that a bagel place would be opening in an old house that used to hold an internet cafe/copy shop. It looks like it will soon open.

-For any tea aficionados, a store called "All Things Tea" opened a couple of months ago. They also serve hot tea and have limited seating if you wish to stay.

The Bagel World has been open for a few months now... service was a little shaky at first but seems to have settled down. I bought a tub of Dill cream cheese and when I got it home... it was Garlic - very strong Garlic :eek:

There's an Acme Burger close to Aroma Coffee shop - not bad vege burger but then I was pretty hungry ;)

I'll take a walk around tomorrow and see if I can figure out where the burrito shop will be.... there's a few options on the south side west of Brunswick

Cheers!

A temp sign is up on a small shop next to the frozen yogurt shop on Walmer Rd. (just north of Bloor).

Burrito Bandidos comes to the Annex 'in February'!

Last edited:

Back