News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 619     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

androiduk's My Toronto

Rosedale Station. I've always found it curious that one of Toronto's most prominent neighbourhoods ended up with one of the city's crappiest subway stations. And somebody grab that kid.

rosedalestn.jpg

Andriod: Rosedale Station - built for the original Yonge Street Line in the early 50s - has always had sort of a plain look to me...remember the architecture of the TTC
Subway was 1950s utilitarian...but as recent pictures show has not aged that well...

I found it interesting that some of that line's ROW was covered over time by "air rights" development but this station has remained the same...

I also remember the manicured almost parklike land along those sections also...even in the 80s they looked to be maintained...

I wonder if development was ever planned for the Rosedale Station's vicinity...

Long Island Mike

More superb shots--the quality seems to keep going up. The dead bird shot in particular is both heartbreaking and powerful. Thanks for sharing.

Yellow Taxis in Toronto?

Yellow cabs and GO trains

checkergo.jpg

Android: This is interesting noting the contrast between the green and white GO bilevel cars and the yellow taxis...

I want to ask if this is something new in Toronto or are these being used for something like a movie shoot? The medallion numbers are not the correct NYC format which is
1A23...is 123A a new Toronto taxi medallion type?

If they are a new type color I feel that enough time has passed since the Metro Police had yellow police cars there probably would not be any confusion between the two...

LI Mike

Back