News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

America....AKA OJ Land

RJR123

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just returned from a business trip to the US and I can't get over the extent of the coverage of the latest OJ Simpson scandal. Actually, I'm not really that surprised since this type of thing is tailor-made for the media, but it's still overwhelming nonetheless. Regardless of the type of show (local news, national news, morning shows, entertainment shows, sports shows, business shows) it's the first thing covered, and very extensively I might add.
Has the coverage been so saturated in Canada as well?

I just returned from a business trip to the US and I can't get over the extent of the coverage of the latest OJ Simpson scandal. Actually, I'm not really that surprised since this type of thing is tailor-made for the media, but it's still overwhelming nonetheless. Regardless of the type of show (local news, national news, morning shows, entertainment shows, sports shows, business shows) it's the first thing covered, and very extensively I might add.
Has the coverage been so saturated in Canada as well?
No, over here in Ontario, we've been giving saturation coverage to another alleged knife murderer
225px-Dalton_McGuinty_2007.JPG
webNorman.jpg

No, over here in Ontario, we've been giving saturation coverage to another alleged knife murderer

I'm glad others see the similarity... I remember back when he was in the opposition, and I'd note that even Norman Bates would be preferable over Mike Harris, nobody seemed to get it.

Though for it to be a top story in certain Canadian media, it might involve turning it from a "what's going on with O.J.?" story into a "what's going on in the USA?" story...

american news media are the worst places to get news. according to reporters without borders america is 53rd in press freedom canada is 18th

Reporters reporting on other reporters? That'll generate some really accurate results.

Back